SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

So I haven’t posted in a while here but I picked up a Takeros kit which needed a bit of work and paint and it’s slowly making its way to being done.

its had the fibreglassing work done thanks to one of the awesome dudes at my work, I just need to bog it from the front and sand everything down and prep for paint.

I will need to remove my tow bar which is a bummer but not the end of the world.

89A52608-097A-4B70-93F4-81FD1A3511BB.thumb.jpeg.444f4cda736c3eb45def992f8b0966fc.jpeg 

6EC7C5B3-3233-4E7D-845E-ADCF417EB0C8.thumb.jpeg.443f5178a0f80fcb8cbc7fa688b22c08.jpeg1F85272A-6902-40FC-BDED-865C0CA93C38.thumb.jpeg.5394924fdf418fc931922f904520368d.jpeg

• Like 1

Hi all, haven't posted in awhile, wagon been good, have horn/clockspring issue to fix tho... just saying hi. See lot of Stageas around Hawkes Bay now....

was doing the long distance relationship thing for awhile so car had good workout over Taupo rd.... some night shots... Cheers

IMG_0063.JPG

IMG_0064.JPG

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got around to kind of fitting up my rear wheels for now (Garson Ryugi Deep Racing 18"x12.5" -22). Adjusted suspension height and damper and smashed guards out with a guard roller, phone books and a jack handle until I either order bolt-on flares or bite the bullet and begin a widebody...

IMG_6413.JPG

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

New wheels and tyres ?

BBS Lm replica 8,5x19 et45 and 25mm Bolt spacers

235/40R19

Weekend work. change rear upper control arm and next week wheel aligment then I can get better pictures

DSC_0084.JPG

Edited by TukeH
Tyre size forgotten
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just sold the black PNM35, so we're back to a one-Stagea, one-Leaf family. :( It drove better than the silver one (had no options so was lighter, had hard bushes, lowered, better brakes and may have been shift-kitted) but since it didn't have a towbar or centre-rear 3-point seatbelt it was voted off the Island.

It served me well though, I bought it because I was doing a 600km round trip every week for work last year, and the mileage allowance I was paid meant it was basically free, so anything I got when I sold it was a bonus. Now I just have to convince my wife we should use the proceed to fit new bushes, suspension, brakes and a shift kit to the silver car. :P 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Evo 8 seats finally in. Stripped almost every bolt getting the old rails off and had to drill 2 of them out and re-tap (shhh don't tell). 

Sits much lower than stock, and wouldn't recommend if you're a big person. They are quite snug on my ass. 

Now to figure out the seat airbag delete... 

20180821_101123_001.jpg

• Like 4

On 8/21/2018 at 10:18 AM, NicPM35 said:

Evo 8 seats finally in. Stripped almost every bolt getting the old rails off and had to drill 2 of them out and re-tap (shhh don't tell). 

Sits much lower than stock, and wouldn't recommend if you're a big person. They are quite snug on my ass. 

Now to figure out the seat airbag delete... 

20180821_101123_001.jpg

You want to solder a 2.2 ohm resistor into the wiring behind the plug  on the harness; that's the value of a seat airbag.

Poking it into the ins of the plug won't work, needs to be soldered into the wiring.

Seats look great in there.

On 9/2/2018 at 11:41 AM, Daleo said:

You want to solder a 2.2 ohm resistor into the wiring behind the plug  on the harness; that's the value of a seat airbag.

Poking it into the ins of the plug won't work, needs to be soldered into the wiring.

Seats look great in there.

Cheers, I've figured that bit out.

Totally voiding any insurance that I'm paying for and my safety probably too, but hey they look good right?!

• 3 weeks later...

Finaly had time to take dp Off. 

I have to make new flange because I bought

Wrong ☹️ 

Just 2hours to remove dp and make flange and I did not lower the trans

Without the induction heater one bolt would not have left off

IMG-20180928-WA0007.jpeg

IMG-20180928-WA0005.jpeg

IMG-20180928-WA0009.jpeg

• Like 1