SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

• 1 month later...

Rust be gone!  Except they keep finding more 🙃.    It's all getting done properly, cutting out and welding in metal, no cover ups here.  They normally work on Fiats and Alfa's, so they know rust 😆  

After 10 years on the street. It will have an easy life in a dry garage.  I only have on street parking but I've found a lockup 10 mins walk away at very reasonable price.  

PXL_20201117_212135653.jpg

PXL_20201117_212022146.jpg

PXL_20201117_212019393.jpg

Had an exiting run against a road bike, dumped it hard into 3rd gear as I pulled away & bang. I now have lots of little bits of 3rd gear, so I've done something to my Stagea but its not an improvement. Now I have a choice, a brand new 5 speed Nissan box for $3400 or a PPG dog box for $12000. Any suggestions?

Yeh its a Maatouks Racing built motor running 526hp at the wheels on 98, I was almost ready to get a flex fuel tune & turn it up to about 700 - 800. I think I need to upgrade the box as 3rd gear is the weak link so probably as you mentioned a 1st to 4th helical cut dog box will be needed. It will save down time & money in the long run. It is my daily apart from road bikes & I don't think I could put up with an auto or justify a sequential.$22K

Today's project was to develop and tack up a 4inch metal intake pipe to suit the new turbo, coming along nicely, once I've positioned the weld in bung for catch can bypass line she'll be ready to tig together 

DSC_0454.JPG

DSC_0453.JPG

DSC_0450.JPG

DSC_0449.JPG

DSC_0445.JPG

DSC_0447.JPG

DSC_0439.JPG

DSC_0437.JPG

DSC_0435.JPG

On 20/11/2020 at 7:37 AM, TMLP said:

Yeh its a Maatouks Racing built motor running 526hp at the wheels on 98, I was almost ready to get a flex fuel tune & turn it up to about 700 - 800. I think I need to upgrade the box as 3rd gear is the weak link so probably as you mentioned a 1st to 4th helical cut dog box will be needed. It will save down time & money in the long run. It is my daily apart from road bikes & I don't think I could put up with an auto or justify a sequential.$22K

hmm that's almost exactly the same as mine on 98, 395akwkw. Hopefully I'll have more luck with the box. I guess it depends how much you need to run daily, for me a box that is easy to live with is a priority (ie, factory, or at least a helical/synchro box)

All reassembled and airbox partition modified to suit and refitted, kinda sneakily looks like it's factory, the satin black hides its dimensions I reckon, now the wait for 2 weeks till tuning day😔

DSC_0485.JPG

DSC_0484.JPG

• 1 month later...
On 11/22/2020 at 8:58 PM, Duncan said:

hmm that's almost exactly the same as mine on 98, 395akwkw. Hopefully I'll have more luck with the box. I guess it depends how much you need to run daily, for me a box that is easy to live with is a priority (ie, factory, or at least a helical/synchro box)

Just be gentle into 3rd gear. I’ve spoken with the guys at ppg and decided on a 1st to 4th gears, billet main shaft & billet selector forks helical cut dog engagement   Works out cheaper than syncro. 

• 1 month later...

OK the gearbox is at PPG in SA & I'm about to send the clutch centres to HiOctane Racing in Sydney to get the clutch plate centres replaced with larger 26 spline ones so they fit the new billet main shaft in the gearbox.

PPG RB GTR/GTS-T Helical Cut Dog Gearset

PPG’s billet selector forks

PPG Billet RB Sandwhich Plate

PPG Billet RB Mainshaft

Transfer Case Upgrade

Xtreme Clutch 26 spline centres

now what will break next?

IMG_4252.jpeg

IMG_4253.jpeg

IMG_4254.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Since I don't often tow with it any more, the towball and hitch is in the boot, and I got this custom cover from ebay for the receiver.

stagea-hitch-cover2.jpg

stagea-hitch-cover1.jpg

(poor girl is looking dirty these days....we are a long way to the closest tar....)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...