SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

• 2 months later...

Ok final tune done after adding Godzilla Motor Sport R35 coil kit new big fuel lines a flex fuel sensor & a Maatouks Racing crank & cam trigger kit.   

98 tune…

123E518F-D527-4D6F-A98F-F8E3C9AF69E1.thumb.jpeg.20bd277714bebe17df55b0cf875e7eb3.jpeg

E85 tune

768D9DD6-1D63-4E94-B5C6-ED288B033431.thumb.jpeg.1f357ad39c6a99a196d2c6ce7b0c65c2.jpeg
thanks to Black Track Performance. 

• Like 3

On 10/2/2021 at 6:01 PM, Duncan said:

nice, that should get you to the shops on time

sure should, now the old girl need to go on a diet & loose about 500kg 😀

• 1 month later...

Finally got around to modifying the gear selector knob today, lot sleeker looking than the factory lump,and no more worrying about leather deterioration.

Was a bit of faffing around on the lathe back and forth but got there in the end , now that prototype works I can do the next one without machine marks and anodize centre shaft to black as well. Might even get a unicorn logo engraved or lasered in at some point.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 08/01/2022 at 5:15 PM, SLIXK said:

What set up is that looks good

T67 style turbo on a China 🇨🇳 manifold that I got with the car @Garage48 in Hornsby modded it to fit an external gate turbosmart 45 mm (he did a great job highly recommended) he made a complete exhaust from the turbo back 3-1/2 inch with a cat and 2 mufflers. Plazmaman fuel rail intercooler and upper plenum. Bosch 1050cc injectors and a Haltech Elite 2500 it controls the Engine and Transmission it’s auto. That’s about it I think

On 1/9/2022 at 10:01 PM, RBW49N said:

T67 style turbo on a China 🇨🇳 manifold that I got with the car @Garage48 in Hornsby modded it to fit an external gate turbosmart 45 mm (he did a great job highly recommended) he made a complete exhaust from the turbo back 3-1/2 inch with a cat and 2 mufflers. Plazmaman fuel rail intercooler and upper plenum. Bosch 1050cc injectors and a Haltech Elite 2500 it controls the Engine and Transmission it’s auto. That’s about it I think

How much kw did u end up making? How’s the haltech feel with the transmission?

On 10/01/2022 at 1:09 PM, SLIXK said:

How much kw did u end up making? How’s the haltech feel with the transmission?

Not enough needs a bigger turbo and maybe 700cc more as well 260kw at all 4. It feels faster than that so I can only assume it looses a bit through the trans an AWD. The Haltech feels like an ECU. But the transmission is great. Shifts nice and hard. Also has torque reduction on shifts to help preserve the box/flexplate. I am getting a complete MV automatics rebuilt trans and flexplate. 

On 1/10/2022 at 11:38 PM, RBW49N said:

Not enough needs a bigger turbo and maybe 700cc more as well 260kw at all 4. It feels faster than that so I can only assume it looses a bit through the trans an AWD. The Haltech feels like an ECU. But the transmission is great. Shifts nice and hard. Also has torque reduction on shifts to help preserve the box/flexplate. I am getting a complete MV automatics rebuilt trans and flexplate. 

I have just had a built box from MV fitted with a full manual valve body and it is fantastic.

What stage box are you gonna be looking at building with them because my old trans is still sitting there at MV waiting to be shipped back to me and it's already got a stage 2 shift kit, all new solenoid banks that are about 5000 ks old, with a new set of clutches for 1st-2nd gear and bands fitted about 1000klms before being pulled out and swapped for the manualised one I got them to build me, so if you were interested at all I'd be looking to sell it for a lot cheaper than it'd cost to get all that stuff done.

Shoot me a message if interested RBWGN

On 11/01/2022 at 6:14 AM, oxford1327 said:

I have just had a built box from MV fitted with a full manual valve body and it is fantastic.

What stage box are you gonna be looking at building with them because my old trans is still sitting there at MV waiting to be shipped back to me and it's already got a stage 2 shift kit, all new solenoid banks that are about 5000 ks old, with a new set of clutches for 1st-2nd gear and bands fitted about 1000klms before being pulled out and swapped for the manualised one I got them to build me, so if you were interested at all I'd be looking to sell it for a lot cheaper than it'd cost to get all that stuff done.

Shoot me a message if interested RBWGN

Because the ecu controls everything I don’t need the manual valve body. So it will be essentially the same box as yours but with a different valve body to also allow auto shifting and shifting from the steering wheel. 

On 1/11/2022 at 9:01 AM, RBW49N said:

Because the ecu controls everything I don’t need the manual valve body. So it will be essentially the same box as yours but with a different valve body to also allow auto shifting and shifting from the steering wheel. 

Yep so the box that's still at MV is exactly what you have just described ,it has a stage 2 MV automatic shift kit so still works with tiptronic buttons etc and would chirp tyres into 2nd gear 

• 4 months later...
On 1/9/2022 at 10:01 PM, RBW49N said:

T67 style turbo on a China 🇨🇳 manifold that I got with the car @Garage48 in Hornsby modded it to fit an external gate turbosmart 45 mm (he did a great job highly recommended) he made a complete exhaust from the turbo back 3-1/2 inch with a cat and 2 mufflers. Plazmaman fuel rail intercooler and upper plenum. Bosch 1050cc injectors and a Haltech Elite 2500 it controls the Engine and Transmission it’s auto. That’s about it I 

Edited by SLIXK

On 11/20/2020 at 9:37 AM, TMLP said:

Yeh its a Maatouks Racing built motor running 526hp at the wheels on 98, I was almost ready to get a flex fuel tune & turn it up to about 700 - 800. I think I need to upgrade the box as 3rd gear is the weak link so probably as you mentioned a 1st to 4th helical cut dog box will be needed. It will save down time & money in the long run. It is my daily apart from road bikes & I don't think I could put up with an auto or justify a sequential.$22K

Hey bro what’s your mod list? How much did your engine build cost aswell?

On 20/5/2022 at 8:01 AM, SLIXK said:

Mean bro, imagine how 300 atw would feel 🥶

To go much more I’ll need a different turbo. So the cost increases as I’ll change the exhaust manifold as well and probably go drive by wire but it’s actually plenty to get a not trouble with as with the auto you are always on it so there is no down time between gears

On 5/20/2022 at 10:43 AM, RBW49N said:

To go much more I’ll need a different turbo. So the cost increases as I’ll change the exhaust manifold as well and probably go drive by wire but it’s actually plenty to get a not trouble with as with the auto you are always on it so there is no down time between gears

Fark I get down time in my auto, maybe it needs a service or upgrade lol.. 2nd to 3rd is so shit 

On 20/5/2022 at 6:28 PM, SLIXK said:

Fark I get down time in my auto, maybe it needs a service or upgrade lol.. 2nd to 3rd is so shit 

Yes mine has a shift kit in it. There is not many people that could shift faster with a H pattern gearbox and keep the gearbox from exploding