SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

Well, after owning the stag for just over 4 years now and driving it pretty much as it came. I have almost completed my 1st couple of mods/additions.

I purchased a Turbo Tech MBC off ebay & after trolling thru a stack of threads I managed to get it fitted the way it should. I also bought a boost gauge & air/fuel gauge from one of the skyline boys, purchase a few bits & pieces from my local auto shop & fitted them below the radio in my centre console. StagMBC_2.jpgStagMBC_1.jpgStaggauges_1.jpg

Any suggestions on what I should put in the 3rd gauge slot???

Just fitted V spec Brembo all round , crap !!!! , is there a certain bleeding procedure ? , whiteline Anti roll bars front and rear , Awesome ! , front adjustable upper arm bushes , camber better ! ,

Well, after owning the stag for just over 4 years now and driving it pretty much as it came. I have almost completed my 1st couple of mods/additions.

I purchased a Turbo Tech MBC off ebay & after trolling thru a stack of threads I managed to get it fitted the way it should. I also bought a boost gauge & air/fuel gauge from one of the skyline boys, purchase a few bits & pieces from my local auto shop & fitted them below the radio in my centre console.

Any suggestions on what I should put in the 3rd gauge slot???

oil pressure

Just fitted V spec Brembo all round , crap !!!! , is there a certain bleeding procedure ? , whiteline Anti roll bars front and rear , Awesome ! , front adjustable upper arm bushes , camber better ! ,

unplug the abs

bleed the rears, furthest from brake master (bmc)

bleed fronts (both sides of each calliper)

plug abs back in

Looks sweet once it's done eh?

Yep. I ended up putting on the darkest legal (30% i think?) as I got pulled over earlier that week and was told my rear windows were illegal. (factory stained glass from nissan) Haha.

Yep. I ended up putting on the darkest legal (30% i think?) as I got pulled over earlier that week and was told my rear windows were illegal. (factory stained glass from nissan) Haha.

^^ police are becoming stupider by the minute.

I had mine done 20%whistling.gifthey're almost exactly the same as the back. If it didn't look so cool, it'd be a pain in the arse...

I figure if I ever get pulled over I'm going with "it's all factory tint" If that doesn't fly, I'll just strip it , inspection, re tint. Mine only cost $100 for the pair.

I got me an oil pressure gauge, only thing is its too big for the slot. Was thinking of mounting it on the A pillar at a later date. Any other suggestions......maybe voltmeter?

BTW............forgot to mention that I made the plate for the gauges to sit in, dead easy.

I got me an oil pressure gauge, only thing is its too big for the slot. Was thinking of mounting it on the A pillar at a later date. Any other suggestions......maybe voltmeter?

BTW............forgot to mention that I made the plate for the gauges to sit in, dead easy.

IMO if you are going to run multiple gauges, the most important ones will be boost, oil pressure, oil temp and water temp.

IMO if you are going to run multiple gauges, the most important ones will be boost, oil pressure, oil temp and water temp.

Thanks, probably put water temp in the open slot in centre console. The oil pressure gauge is too big to mount under radio, so I'll look at making dual A pillar mount out of fibre glass for oil pressure & oil temp.

Just bought the 'power duct' through Nissan. Looking forward to saving that amount of money over the next 8years 5 months (HAHahahha) in fuel economy from sucking in hot air from the engine.... :rolleyes:

looking at connecting the fuel/air gauge 2d. pwr connected, just need to run sensor wire to the heated O2 senser on the ECU (pin 50) if I'm not mistaken.

Waste of time, unless you get a wideband sensor.

Oil pressure, oil temp, exhaust temp, accurate water temp and wideband are all critical if you are tuning imo.

Waste of time, unless you get a wideband sensor.

Oil pressure, oil temp, exhaust temp, accurate water temp and wideband are all critical if you are tuning imo.

OK then how fo you know if its wide band??? or not. The one I got is Autometer Pro Comp Ultra Lite (refer above pic). Shows - lean, stoich & rich.

A wideband wont run off the ecu, it requires a wideband o2 sensor to be placed in the dump. It will give you an actual value instead of just rich/lean.

This is the one I have...

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/lc1.php

SHWEEEEEEET, something to save for asside from the home loan :D Thanks for the info, i also had a quick look at the new autometer clip for their wideband sensor/gauge.

Anyways, gonna finish wiring this up so my acr is ready for the trip to Dubbo 2m

got my intercooler today

ITS THE WRONG FKING ONE

sigh.. now have to way another 30 years for it to get here... and the fact that this "flood" has nothing to do with WA or where i am ordering my cooler from, it will still take bloody ages... so angry

well today i got the dump exhaust off..to fix the exhaust gasket leak.exhaust.. turns out there was maybe 1mm of the flange that WASNT leaking. When I pulled it off to fix it, it looks like the exhaust shop that did the exhaust did a dodgy, and shrunk the 3" to about 2.5" and put the stock flange back on (never taking it there again). Scotty the f**kn legend cut some of the exhaust off put it back to 3" with a new flange.. fixed.

Ok so made up a new gasket from Gasket material, with some gasket/exhaust seal. n put it back together..

it set.

Started the car.. i'de safely say about 50% of the turbo whine went away...sounds normal now..

still gonna take it to the turbo shop on monday to let him have a listen first..

once this all finished. i made some great souvlaki's and now im full and scotts so full he cant breathe!. goodnight Stagea owners.!

Edited by AaronNM35

that turbo whine you were hearing is awesome. LOVE the sound of the turbine when you have an exhaust leak :)

my bosses car has a dump straight to the ground from the turbo, i love driving it just to hear that sound. pity its attached to a mazda6 MPS