SAU Community

Rb30 Stroker Kits-Thoughts?

Chivers

http://www.nitto.com.au/products/strokerkit-RB30.html?category=strokerkits

anyone know much about these if they know someone using them etc?

thinking about one of these kits when i get me motor rebuilt

Pretty sure the kit is $5500

Have a search for 3.4 stroker and there is a dyno sheet showing difference between 25/30 and same 25 head on 3.4lt

I will be looking into one of these when I upgrade to a GTR

around 15k for a bullet proof 1600hp, 12000rpm nitto 3.2 bottom end ready for a head to be put on,

id be allowing another 7-10k for a head to be built up to allow flow to get the most out of it.

nearly got a 3.2 myself but something else came up.

the main advantage of the 3.2 nitto to the 3.4 spool is the full counter crank. beter harmonics,

but if youre just building one to rev to stock ~7500rpm, shouldnt have a problem

by parts they listed do you mean the turbo and headwork etc.?

Edited by jangles

by the parts listed it would be about a 15grand bottom end?

then easily about another 10 for the head, turbo and manifolds?

just exploring all options cause i want to do it right the

first time knowing it will handle whatever is chucked at it

if i want more out of it in the future

by the parts listed it would be about a 15grand bottom end?

then easily about another 10 for the head, turbo and manifolds?

just exploring all options cause i want to do it right the

first time knowing it will handle whatever is chucked at it

if i want more out of it in the future

i know for a fact, from sump to head studs, including head gasket, oil pump, all machining,balancer, everything just needs a head bolted on. assembled its around 15k for the nitto

a decent head is 5-10k, you would need a heavy breathing head to make any decent power,

a turbo for response and power on a 3.2 would probably be a GTX42?

so theres 3500

1300 for manifold

800 for gate

its a 30k affair for it to be done properly

around 15k for a bullet proof 1600hp, 12000rpm nitto 3.2 bottom end ready for a head to be put on,

id be allowing another 7-10k for a head to be built up to allow flow to get the most out of it.

nearly got a 3.2 myself but something else came up.

the main advantage of the 3.2 nitto to the 3.4 spool is the full counter crank. beter harmonics,

but if youre just building one to rev to stock ~7500rpm, shouldnt have a problem

Theres more to it than the counterweights that will make the Nitto better harmonic wise compared to the Spool 3.4 crank. The smaller the throw of the Nitto crank allows for more material overlap between the mains and big ends, which makes the crank stronger when it comes to twisting and also with resisting the effects of harmonic vibrations. See the attached PDF file. Then there is also the material quality used, heat treating and stress relieving processes undertaken during the machining processes. It all contributes to maintaining the strength of the material.

its a 30k affair for it to be done properly

And the rest. There is always the little bits to add on that arent remembered until the engine is in the car. Generally you can add another $5-7K in incidentals alone. Then there is tuning, and the inevitable issues that develop and kinks that need to be worked out that eat away at your savings.

Crank Overlap.pdf

Theres more to it than the counterweights that will make the Nitto better harmonic wise compared to the Spool 3.4 crank. The smaller the throw of the Nitto crank allows for more material overlap between the mains and big ends, which makes the crank stronger when it comes to twisting and also with resisting the effects of harmonic vibrations. See the attached PDF file. Then there is also the material quality used, heat treating and stress relieving processes undertaken during the machining processes. It all contributes to maintaining the strength of the material.

And the rest. There is always the little bits to add on that arent remembered until the engine is in the car. Generally you can add another $5-7K in incidentals alone. Then there is tuning, and the inevitable issues that develop and kinks that need to be worked out that eat away at your savings.

oh shit yeah, i was just giving a minimum.

if you had a 3.2 the torque would break most gearboxes, so a OS gearset would be a requirement at least... probably straight to a PPG or something though.

fuel system, etc etc etc....any engine like that amounts to thousands of unseen dollars