SAU Community

Automatic R33 Box Problems

Hey guys just got a problem with my R33 the auto box it doesn't shift into 4th gear just keeps in third e.g high way driving to get to 100km/h it revs to 4.5k is there some plug that may have come loose or something in the engine bay or the any help would be great

Cheers

CHi

there are a set of 4 looms at the front of the engine bay, under the battery. disconnect all 4, clean them with contact cleaner and try close up the wire clamp things inside the looms so they close tighter when you plug them back in. you'll know what im taking about when you see them.

that should fix your problem.

ok security the battery is in the boot for the R33 mmmmm and also when over drive is engaged nothing happens even when it is disengaged? like it doesn't shift to third or fourth it stays in second ? so is there any plugs etc i have to check?

Cheers

Chi

Hey security i've already sprayed contact cleaner and made sure the connections are tighter at those four plugs/loom but still nothing :/ but however i found two plugs at the front near the head lights/radiator which wasn't conencted to anything so any ideas heres a picture of the plugs

post-27271-0-38298300-1294391756_thumb.jpg

cheers

chi

yeah that will happen.

if the oil is low it will create heat as well as drop the oil pressure inside the box. the auto's gear changes relies on the oil pressure.

change your oil and see where that gets you. you may as well drop the sump off and clean the filter as well.

• 8 years later...

bringing up a pretty old thread here but was curious if this issue ended up getting resolved?

may not be able to get an answer, just noticed half of the members that responded and created the post having been on here for quite a few years.

Edited by bazr33