SAU Community

Q: For the full time workers in Vic

NickR33

Who (like me) is a full time slave and works 9-5 mon to fri?

If you do... where and when do you find the time to get mods / tuning for ya beast???...assuming that its your daily driver.

Asking because my room is filling up with bits and pieces to go onto the car and I will have to rock up late for work if I take my car into a garage in the morning and then catch public transport to work...

Any garages open on the weekend?

Who (like me) is a full time slave and works 9-5 mon to fri?

If you do... where and when do you find the time to get mods / tuning for ya beast???...assuming that its your daily driver.

Asking because my room is filling up with bits and pieces to go onto the car and I will have to rock up late for work if I take my car into a garage in the morning and then catch public transport to work...

Any garages open on the weekend?

I think what you mean is how do you find time to do ANYTHING during the week? Luckily for me, the team I work in cover 8am to 6:30pm so there's a bit of room to move if you need to.

I work full time Mon-Fri but luckily for me, I own part of the workshop and my car spends most of it's life there....

We are open on weekends or open late by appointment.

Give us a call on 9512-7591 and you'll speak to Gerald or Nigel who can organise a time to help you out.

I just take half a day off/ full day off whenever i need to get anything done on car as i am a contractor i can take time off whenever i like. My gfriend lives near me and works in the city also, so i catch a ride in with her if necessary.

Nick y didnt u show up for the skid pad day on sunday? u wasted $50 deposit

Yeah its sucky when are either  

- using your car as a daily driver  

- or if u are stuck interstate during the week

Fark how do you get sound systems and car mods put on *#%@

Just need a garage at home w/ lighting and good motivation. When i was working 8:30-5:30 I got quite a few things done like install a stereo, servicing, etc. That hour for lunch to pick up stuff can be invaluable!! You also gotta pass up the getting so smacked on the weekends, you lose half your most valuable part of the week feeling like your head is about to explode. Once i did that I had heaps better time management, but it was never easy i guess.

I did a lot of the work servicing my car, servicing, etc in the dark during winter in non-daylight savings. Was a bitch, but one of them "lights on a stick" and a 20m extension cable can be invalueable.

9am - 5pm, what job is that, i want that... hahaha?

Well, IcePerformance, Revzone and Racepace all do saturdays i believe, that's where i'm taking mine.

It is hard though, cos you want to enjoy driving the car on the weekends rather than having it spend half the time in the workshop.

I just take half a day off/ full day off whenever i need to get anything done on car as i am a contractor i can take time off whenever i like. My gfriend lives near me and works in the city also, so i catch a ride in with her if necessary.

I think because he's lost his license?

I met him tonight, took a mate to drop some springs off for him :)

I have "Speed Technology" (or EFI Hardware) accross the road from me, and sometimes they park cars in our factory so they help me out.....

Nothing like seeing off the meter cars all day, like old 260Z with 350 chevs and 280z with RB26Detts!!!!

YAY

Im lucky that Ice are located 5 mins from my work so I can drop my car off and get someone from work to come with me and bring me back - drop me off again. Most companies will give you 1/2 hr leaveway here and there anyways for things like this. Everyone has to get their cars serviced.

...ummm I think you have the wrong Nick... I'm not driving anywhere at the moment;)

I haven't been to any cruises or anything yet... my car is still far too stock for my liking... but not for long...

Yeah Ferni that was me you visited last night... In ya new GTR... lucky bastard

:D