SAU Community

Pfc Retune Required After Upgraded Intercooler ?

Hi Guys

As above, does the PFC require a retune after an upgraded intercooler is installed ?

Currently putting down 315kw atw in the GTR with stock cooler ATM..or is it worth spending the extra couple hundred $$ for some dyno time ?

Ps, this may have already been answerd in previous threads but couldn't find anything on it.

Cheers

i dont reckon it would be needed

the std GTR core is pretty good kit and an aftermarket one, if anything will only add a little bit better resistant to heat soak if anything

imho retune not needed and your wasting your money on retune

are you trying to gain power by changing the core?

surely better things to spend your $ on to make the car go faster than a different intercooler core

i dont reckon it would be needed

the std GTR core is pretty good kit and an aftermarket one, if anything will only add a little bit better resistant to heat soak if anything

imho retune not needed and your wasting your money on retune

are you trying to gain power by changing the core?

surely better things to spend your $ on to make the car go faster than a different intercooler core

Thanks for the replies guys...

Yeah thats what ive heard..but i guess its pretty much the last thing on the car that hasnt been upgraded ? running 2530's, bigger injectors, fuel pump, clutch etc..motor in the car is also only 20,000 km old (been upgraded with fresh R33 GTR parts and some other goodies)

And plus it worries me on those 40c days having the 20yr old standard cooler there ? and I've heard the standed core runs out of its 'efficiency' range past 300kw ?

cheers

im sure people have gone past 300rwkw with the std core

to confirm and check you need to check the airtemp past the intercooler outlet

i wouldnt expect the core to become magically inefficient at 320rwkw instead of 300rwkw

spend the money on tyres, suspension, reducing weight, better tune, cam gears etc

You could possibly make more power with a retune, but without it you should be fine. You've just increased your heatsoak capacity so on a hot day it should be less likely to ping due to lower intake temps.

I wouldn't bother unless you want to up the boost now that you've installed it.

You could possibly make more power with a retune, but without it you should be fine. You've just increased your heatsoak capacity so on a hot day it should be less likely to ping due to lower intake temps.

I wouldn't bother unless you want to up the boost now that you've installed it.

Yeah not so fussed about upping the boost anymore right now, not to sure how the longevity will be on the standard motor if I started doing that lol..

thanks mate

how often do you get 40 degree days in the blue mountains, maybe a intercooler spray kit might help if those days are few.

Have heard the standard gtr cooler is good till about 400rwkw from memory.

how often do you get 40 degree days in the blue mountains, maybe a intercooler spray kit might help if those days are few.

Have heard the standard gtr cooler is good till about 400rwkw from memory.

haha last week it was about 40...and its not like i just limit my driving to the blue mountains ;-) Yeah there seems to be these different opinions of what sort of power levels the stock intercoolers

are good for.

I guess with all the rain lately i hardly need a intercooler spray kit..get plenty of spray from the car driving in front of me :-)

Cheers