SAU Community

Dickson inspec, help needed ASAP!!

hey guys, i have to get my skyline inspected at FU**ING dickson, pretty soon, (changing from NSW to ACT rego)and the following need to be changed so the government can get more of my money!! i had it inpected at woden tyre and exhaust and they didnt charge me because they said its too highly modified and told me everything they checked but just said dickson had to inspect it, cause of the mods. anyway here goes....

lowered springs to be replaced with stock(i have the stock springs)

boost gauge must be removed from a pillar.

need new spring for handbrake(its a drift brake with no spring) where can i get one and can anyone help me install it?

it has a mines computer, i dont know if thats ok or not??? but i know they will check it.

exhaust passed by 0.3DB at 89.7(limit is 90db)

there are other things but i cant do them myself, basically i just need help changing the springs over getting rid of the boost gauge, though i guess all i need to do is take it of the a pillar and just have it out of sight for the inspec? dunno what im sposed to do bout the chip if its illegal, and i have no idea what to do bout the spring in the h/b.

its all gonna go back after which makes it even more annoying but as long as they say its ok after the inspec then its ok;@)

i have a feeling they will be cu**s and never let me pass anyway.

or does anyone know of somewhere that can do an inspec that may be a little more, lets say relaxed about letting me pass??

if any of you can get some spare time to help me it'd be hugely appreciated!!!

thanks, Andrew.

boost gauge must be removed from a pillar.

it has a mines computer, i dont know if thats ok or not??? but i know they will check it.

The gauge should be fine, and don't say anything about the computer actually just say everything is standard, they don't know that much about these cars.

as long as your car passes a roadworthy and has been complied before (with a plate), you shoudl not encounter too many issues. if you car is not lower than 100mm at it's lowest point, forget about changing springs. computer! - can't see any issues with that! go to Nissan and get a spring for the handbrake, if they don't have one, try one of the auto shops. it may be worth putting your car through 'as is' and taking the advice they give you - then getting things fixed. reinspection only costs $11.00..... if you have any further Q's, or need help PM me :D

so is anyone able to help me change my springs...its lower that 10ml off the ground with just 1 person, and it must be no lower than 1oml with 5x75kg people in the car.

i really only need help with the springs and boost gauge.

pm me or call me anytime on 0421 222 421

I used to live in Canberra and the trick I found (and let me tell you my first few cars were pretty dodgy numbers) is to go through wih as many things wrong as you can so once they've got a good list going they hopefully wont look too much further. I went without a fuel filler cap once and they got so excited about that they missed half the other things I thought they would get.

The most bizarre thing once was they said I had to get a clamp on the brake booster hose so i didn't slip off. I tried for half an hour to get the thing off and couldn't. Had to take it off at the other end and slide a clamp on that way.

Oh, sending my sister in to do it helped sometimes too!

<<>

Well that might work with ancient dattos and VW's but I think the opposite is true with Jap imports etc. Once they find something their eyes seem to light up and and just go at it like rats up drainpipes until they have exhausted ALL possibilities including themselves, and the smug looks on their face makes ya want to bop em on the spot :Bang:

<>

Oh yeah - that often helps - either sending in a much older person with the car - male or female - though when I tried one particular garage in Canberra (shall remain nameless but is in Belconnen) the guy said to me "Are you trying to register this for your son or somethin? " I just gave him a filthy look and said "NO, its mine", then thought to myself "Aren't older women allowed to own Skylines dickwad?" (What a wanker - its none of his goodam business who the car is being registered for!!!!)

Yes there are a couple of mechanics around who are 'gentler' than others...

sorry I know thats not helpfull.. I previosly had a Subaru Legacy RS, Bright ferrari Yellow, Full adapted C-West Kit, lots a mods tas in hot 4's little while back. When I bought that car stock, it came from Vic to Canb, and it took me 7 Dickson RTA inspections and 3 police inspections, one at my house... They decided it was stollen... :D anyway each time I went through they would find some thing that they didn't the first time.. and they do this so you pay $11 bucks each time.. dont underestimate them they will be a massive pain in the arse! BUt you will get it through just be Very polite and try hard to be-firend them, this is the most important thing.

When the car was mass modified it went through for a random inspection :P .. took 2 times but they new me by this time and were much easier on me.. I would say play that avenue.. and play stupid make them stupids feel smarter and they like that!...

I offered to show the Qld Transport guys my boobs once (hey I was just trying to be nice) and they REFUSED -gasp-

They still went over the car, despite my generous offer... they couldn't find anything wrong though, she was bone stock at the time :(

Well i bought my skyline a moth or so ago from melbourne, the rego guys in dickson are ****s, mine had boost gauge mounted onto the dash, they didnt seem to care about it, but they ****ed me up with the battery in the boot, (it was 4 days old), new castor rod bushes, they made me clean the underbody of the car and a few little other things. Watch out for the young guy , he is actually in charge there, i woulda passed if that guy didnt come along. but yeah i heard if u take it to Dunsters in Mitchell, theyll pass nearly everything, my friends have gone through them before.

but make sure u give it a good wash, give the engine a bay clean and the under body, if u have any obvios mods u might get picked on but other than that, try dunsters first its only 30 bucks, and apparently they are very lenient.