SAU Community

Clutch Troubles

mabru

Hopefully someone can help me out. I've recently upgraded my R32 to a Cusco Metal clutch, I also purchased the Cusco HD Pressure Plate. No matter what I do I cannot get enough pressure to use the pressure plate, ie. it will not disengage. It gets real close but it just wont release.

So far I've replaced my clutch master cylinder since it was leaking around the piston seal, I've bled the lines out, and triple checked for any leaks with no luck. I can't figure what it is, I'm leaning towards a different pivot ball or clutch fork so I can change the pivot point. Any ideas?

Thanks,

-Matt

Did you compare the height of the new pressure plate compared to your old one? I would suggest it is not as tall as the one it replaced.

It's possible you need a new thrust bearing carrier to give a bit of extra length to allow the thrust bearing to fully disengage the clutch. Unfortunately, that's a "remove gearbox" job.

The pressure plate dimensions are the same and I installed a new release bearing.

I will try and re-bleed the system and see if I can get any air out of that little clutch line junction box.

I'm just getting sick of brake fluid! I can't stand the smell!

Thanks much,

-Matt

open the bleed nipple next to the master cyclinder and the open on the gear box, then open up the master cyclinder container where the fuild goes and blow. I had the same problem you will need a cap to sit over it and a line running to it to blow the air through. That should sort you out.