SAU Community

Something you boys have all done before...

I had my first drive of a turbocharged car last night. A 1986 HR31 Skyline GTS.

F*&king amazing! I've been passenger in a heap of turbo cars, but I finally got to drive on. And boost, well friggin hell. Coming on boost is a top feelin. Bugger my NA 31. Turbo 2 door is in the works.

Just had to share it with you boys, I'm sure you remember the first time you drove a turbo..

Cheers, MARK

Ooh yeah, my first drive of a turbo car was a mate's auto MX6. Absolutely loved it, except for the FWD torque steer.

I kinda like lag - without it, how would you get the rush when the turbo comes on song? :(

Well funnily enough, i drove a WRX when i was on my p's and it was such a nice car to drive, but it was my Dad's so i didn't want to do anything too dumb... still had fun though. Then he let me drive his STi, which to be honest was a bit uninspiring compared to driving the standard rex... But it wasn't until i went for a ride in my friends VL Turbo with an RB25 in it that I wanted a turbo. Since then i've been doing research etc, and well now i have my own RB25DET to boost away on :D

my first drive in turbo car was a mates Laser TX3 3 days later it was in shop as the head was gone. Electronic boost controller 1.2bar hmmmmm Boost!! don't mix well with TX3 engines.

Should have cost 2k to fix it, instead we used a metal head gasket and lots of gasket goop. The car was then sold 4 days later. haha. I wonder why he won't let me drive his SR20 180sx??. So after that i put a RB20DET into my silvia and haven't looked back, they style of a silvia with the heart of a skyline!!!

My first drive of a turbo was during a rally driving course I did for my 21st and was in a galant VR4 turbo. That course such awesome fun and i just loved the turbo kick. Two months later my SR20'd Pulsar was no more and my R33 turbo was taking me for a boostin'

:D :burnout: :D