SAU Community

Something you boys have all done before...

The first turbo car I drove was a half ruptured Cordia, not impressed... but my mate's auto 2 litre 180SX with a phat exhaust was a bit more like it.

Then I had a fang in the 'line he got next... series 1.5 with GT2540, fmic, 4" exhaust, some sort of piggyback computer, etc, etc and 5 speed. Mmmmm, instant convert. Put my order in the next week. Now I can't wipe that silly grin off my face.

First turbo car I drove would have been carlo's R33. Much respect to proper turbo/engine matching and ECU driven boost control it felt just like a bigger engine. My engine's a bit different, RB20 instead of 25 and running a fair bit more boost, it comes on very hard and the car just leaps forwards. Needs a bigger turbo though, it doesn't go as hard up top :D

Lol, I had been driving turbo diesels for years, but my 33 was my first car with a bit of performance I drove... I got a ride with a bloke in his r33 with a t04 that started my obsession....... Gone was the V8 insperation that I so badly wanted.

Sumo

Yeh they are certainly a different car with an RB under the hood!!

still surprised with the traction of it!!

my first drive in turbo car was a mates Laser TX3 3 days later it was in shop as the head was gone. Electronic boost controller 1.2bar hmmmmm Boost!! don't mix well with TX3 engines.  

Should have cost 2k to fix it, instead we used a metal head gasket and lots of gasket goop. The car was then sold 4 days later. haha. I wonder why he won't let me drive his SR20 180sx??.  So after that i put a RB20DET into my silvia and haven't looked back, they style of a silvia with the heart of a skyline!!!

I was in the city one night after work. Id been chating to this hot grl that was in my work that day and found out she drove a white 180SX I joked with her and told her she should let me drive it. She did man I drove the balls out of that thing. Shit my self every time I changed gears. Bit of a power difference when I owned a 1976 TX Gemini 1.6L 4spd. And looking back at it she knew her shit shed put a fair bit of money into it. Pitty we didnt last id have a 180 to drive around all da time. I luv mummys grlz.