SAU Community

Stagea Offset

RS-V AREO

S1 - 18x9.5 +14 245/40. The front just fits, but the rears are as close to the strut as you can get & are scrubbing pretty hard on the "heavily" rolled guards! (anyone who says they have bigger no worries, is full of it!)

* So a 18x9 +15 to +20 235/40 would be a pretty neat fit!

Edited by Zorro

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm running 18x8 +35 front. Looks shit and +6 rear and it looks about right but I've only got 235/40r18 tyres so my speedo is severely wrong. Stupid tyre placard being wrong :@. Nice way to waste $1000 on the wrong tyres

I'm running 18x8 +35 front. Looks shit and +6 rear and it looks about right but I've only got 235/40r18 tyres so my speedo is severely wrong. Stupid tyre placard being wrong :@. Nice way to waste $1000 on the wrong tyres

235/40/18 is not that far off stock! I was using that size till recently, speedo was not out by much at all (<5kmh @ 100)!

~630mm (+- 3mm) rolling dia is roughly the stock size, 235/40/18 is 645mm (225/40 = 637mm), im now using 245/40/18 which is 653mm & is only slightly out, showing a lower speed on the speedo to actual velocity!

So dont stress too much! :thumbsup:

i notice that there is very little mention when people say "ive got 20x12"s with +18 offset and they're sick as" how how far they sit out the guard or if they still flush and MORE IMPORTANTLY wheather its an AUTO OR MANUAL!

Auto's have a much wider rear track than the fronts, so if you want them both to sit flush WITHOUT SPACERS you will need a low offset front (+20 to+34 would be ok) and a HIGHER offset in the rear (+35 to +42) thus meaning you wont be able to rotate your tyres unless you get them stripped off and fitted to the opposite rims. this is based on a 8-9 inch wide rim, diameter wont affect this. the wider the rim goes the lower the offset will need to be because you'll very quickly run out of room between rim and suspension but have all the room you like outside the guard (within reason). depending on weather you have bigger brakes or coilovers this may also affect the desired offset you want to run.

If you have a MANUAL (factory RS4-S or RS260 and not a conversion) then the track is pretty much identical front to rear and depending on the look your going for anthing from a +18 to a +35 will fit and clear standard suspension. when i got my RS4-S it had 17x8 with a +42 offset, the rears were very clearly fouling the struts (hicas didnt help). now i have 18x8" with a +34 offset. this offset clears everything easily and sits roughly where the standard C34 wheels do. i have plans to have it riding quite low in the future and with this offset i wont be fouling the guards.

according to my C34 tyre placard it says the OE fitment tyre is a 215/50R17 which is a 646.7mm OD, a 235/40R18 is 645.2mm OD which is near identical. My speedo is also out 12-15kms for anything over 100kmh. a 245/40R18 as already brought up will correct for this and is 653mm OD which is less than 7mm larger than the OE fitment tyre and a legal tyre size for a c34 (OZ legal limit is upto 15mm larger and 26mm smaller than largest OE fitment).

(edit: not sure if wider track is on all auto c34 stageas or just auto AWD c34stageas)

@pipster11 = +1

@lilcrash, have you tried swapping your wheels from front to back so instead of the front sitting in and the rears sitting out they both sit flush? (if yours is an auto of course, if not they would be worth selling to an auto owner)

Edited by RS4-S

I have a manual and I purchased my rims in those 2 offsets to get the look I want. The fronts are just 10mm further in then the rears. One day I will buy some 10mm spacers but for now I need to find new brake discs that won't warp on the first drive.

I'm going to go for 17's, probably a 17x8 if I can get them.

So would +20 to+34 still be about the right offset for an auto S1?

I'm looking at stock GTR 17's, or something similar...

being an auto i would run maybe a 20 front and 34 rear, they should close enough to even and pretty much flush with the body. unless someone has the exact measurement for how much wider the rear track is.

correct me if im wrong but i think GTR 17"s are 17x8.5 +25?

Crap I thought GTR wheels were +18 or something close to that...

I actually have a set of staggered 18's that came off of one of my Starions, (with spacers), for a Skyline etc..

but being staggered, the ATTESA will probably have issues with them...

R33 GTR = 17x9 +30

R34 GTR = 18x9 +30

@Dr. J = ive seen people run staggered fitment rims with the same sized tyres front to rear on GTRs and an EVO, not sure if it caused issues but cant see why it would.

@Big Fella = is yours auto or manual?

i may be wrong but i was of the impression that auto= same track front rear and manual= rear 40mm narrower then front. and that is definately how my car appears.

Edited by lilcrash

quoting Big Fella: "I'm running 18 x 10 +15s all round, the fronts sit just in the gaurd, and ther rear would hang out with standard camber, running 2.2' seems all good tho"

is your auto or manual? how far did you have to pump your gaurds? what size tyres are you using? also what does 2.2 foot refer too?

Edited by Zorro

i may be wrong but i was of the impression that auto= same track front rear and manual= rear 40mm narrower then front. and that is definately how my car appears.

The Auto's rear is wider than the front.

Manual's is narrower than the auto's, but I don't know how it compares to the front.

quoting Big Fella: "I'm running 18 x 10 +15s all round, the fronts sit just in the gaurd, and ther rear would hang out with standard camber, running 2.2' seems all good tho"

is your auto or manual? how far did you have to pump your gaurds? what size tyres are you using? also what does 2.2 foot refer too?

mine is auto, rolled gaurds not pumped, 2.2 degrees camber on the rear, 235/40zr18

she isn't waht i'd call low tho, check the avatar!

Edited by Big Fella

mine is auto, rolled gaurds not pumped, 2.2 degrees camber on the rear, 235/40zr18

she isn't waht i'd call low tho, check the avatar!

wow ok im surprised you fitted that size wheel that easily, maybe there is a slight difference between s1 & s2?

wow ok im surprised you fitted that size wheel that easily, maybe there is a slight difference between s1 & s2?

have you got any photos of how your rears sit? 18x9.5+15 would sit nearly the same as mine, just a little further in. is yours auto or manual?