SAU Community

Stagea Offset

RS-V AREO

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happens if I run 18 x 8? Should I be going 235/45/18 instead?

For M35's... (speedo values are based off the OEM speedo calibration for MY NM35)

STOCK RS

17" rims = 55 sidewall (total tyre height is 668mm) - speedo reads 10% fast

18" rims = 45 sidewall (total tyre height is 677mm) - speedo reads 8.7% fast

19" rims = 40 sidewall (total tyre height is 679mm) - speedo reads 8.3% fast

20" rims = 35 sidewall (total tyre height is 680mm) - speedo reads 8.2% fast

The ~10mm extra total height over the stock RS 17's fills out the wheel arch perfectly (particularly if you have lowered your suspension 20-25mm)

• 1 month later...

For M35's... (speedo values are based off the OEM speedo calibration for MY NM35)

STOCK RS

17" rims = 55 sidewall (total tyre height is 668mm) - speedo reads 10% fast

18" rims = 45 sidewall (total tyre height is 677mm) - speedo reads 8.7% fast

19" rims = 40 sidewall (total tyre height is 679mm) - speedo reads 8.3% fast

20" rims = 35 sidewall (total tyre height is 680mm) - speedo reads 8.2% fast

The ~10mm extra total height over the stock RS 17's fills out the wheel arch perfectly (particularly if you have lowered your suspension 20-25mm)

oh on this i think for the arx its +5 on the sidewall for each..

mine are 19" with a 45' sidewall.

and against the informeter with a GPS HUD dispaly it was i think 3-4km out at 100km/h

oh on this i think for the arx its +5 on the sidewall for each..

mine are 19" with a 45' sidewall.

and against the informeter with a GPS HUD dispaly it was i think 3-4km out at 100km/h

Would probably work out the same for RS and RX's

but your running a 19 and a 45 sidewall

thumbsup.gif.....but I am running a 245 as well!....more width....higher wall!

I may even go to a 35 sidewall if the new diff's throw out my speedo!wacko.gif....more go!

Edited by Jetwreck

nup....standard size for the AR-X is 225/55 18"

Yes, I know... I was referring to the speedo accuracy.

Mine reads 10% high according to GPS, as have most other RS's I have been in, so adding the extra diameter will get the speedo reading close to what Aaron stated.

Mine reads 10% high according to GPS, as have most other RS's I have been in, so adding the extra diameter will get the speedo reading close to what Aaron stated.

oh....yeh the speedo is good in the AR-X until about 95km/h's....after that it out.....what's confusing is that the Infometer was spot on to my GPS.

well yeh, if it makes any difference mine is a 235/45... which was lucky coz no chance am i getting a 245/45 under my guards at my height.

but yeh, comparing with scotts even, im kind of glad that my speedo is only 3-4k's out..

well yeh, if it makes any difference mine is a 235/45... which was lucky coz no chance am i getting a 245/45 under my guards at my height.

but yeh, comparing with scotts even, im kind of glad that my speedo is only 3-4k's out..

Rolling diameter, not tyre width :)

235 or 245 shouldn't make a difference to your speedo.

If they are both the same profile but different widths the profile will be different, the profile number is a percentage of the width. So a 225-45 will have a smaller sidewall than a 245-45.

• 1 year later...

You'll prob find that 265's will rub, i have 245's all round on 18x9.5 +20 and the stick just outside the guards by a couple of mm, and have bout 10mm to the strut

ok so if i change the 265 for something smaller will that be ok. and i just read about roling diameter being different from front to rear am i going to have a prob with this? and i just found out the rears are 18x9.5 + 38 offset running 265/35/18 and the fronts are 18x8.5 + 34 offset running 235/40/18. is this going to cause probs?