SAU Community

R33 Gtr Rear Diffuser

ryanelmi

Hey guys.. just trying to chase down a rear diffuser for my 33?? has any one installed one recently or been able to find one in Australia??

im tossing up either Abflug one or a Top secret item,, any recomendations??

Cheers

abflug is definitely nicer. Much better fitment.

PMR33, how low is it sitting to the ground? Would be close to legal/illegal. Would be the only problem.

PSI, price on that one?

abflug is definitely nicer. Much better fitment.

PMR33, how low is it sitting to the ground? Would be close to legal/illegal. Would be the only problem.

PSI, price on that one?

It is pretty low to the ground. My car itself is below legal height without the diffuser lol.

• 3 months later...

No noises what so ever. I made a few additional brackets for it so it doesn't move what so ever. One of the guys here in Townsville got one a few months back for his GTR. He mounted it dodgy as hell (he's pretty dodgy with anything to do with cars though), the whole thing moved side to side and when I saw it for the first time with some mates I said "that thing is going to fly off". Sure enough a few weeks later, it did hahahaha.

But yeah it's fine. Doesn't move what so ever it's on there that tight. Been at plenty of high speeds with it aswell and no problems there. My car is pretty low and it doesn't hit anything at all. I've order the additional carbon vortex generators for the side of it aswell so will install them and post some pics up soon.

If you buy one from PSI Parts, hit them up for the DIY install I wrote up for them. Plenty of photos of everything I did.

Any still in stock PSI?

PM-R33 - how is it going over bumps etc? Does it fit tightly or rattle etc? Do you have any pictures of it close up? Thanks mate.

Hi,

Sorry we have currently sold out.

I will respond to your email in reagrds to shipping times.

Thanks,

Shane

If you can...

Grab an R34 GT-R Rear C/F diffuser or C/F copy for much less eg from JDM Performance here on SAU

Pics?

Get PI Magazine Issue #130 pp38-43 Article called "Mixmaster" Re R33 GT-R (midnight purple)

Brackets can be fabricated by Peter at Bodyform Aero now at Smithfield.

Has Peter fitted any himself Terry or does he just make the brackets?

I didn't think the 34 one would fit and am very interested in fitting one up to mine. I was actually going to attempt to make one myself

In that PI article Dave, it doesn't say if or how much trouble there was in fitting the R34 GT-R V-Spec rear diffuser to the R33 GT-R.

The article just says, "The exterior is completed with a cutom-fitted later generation R34 V-Spec carbon rear diffuser, a very expensive addition that costs $6000 new from Nissan!"

The one I bought from Eugene at JDM Performance was a whole lot less than half that!

Peter at Bodyform willingly did make up the support brackets + the metal diff bracket for jacking purposes > fitted it exactly to my previous R34 GT-R which was not a V-Spec.

I think the Top Secret one won't match the look of my car. Does anyone sell other designs?

PSI: Thanks for your PM Shane, but I've decided to not go for the TS one - do you have any others?

Any pics of other types?

• Like 1