SAU Community

Project Gr33Dd

Hey Dave do you still want the old rotors? I'll try and get them off this week or on the weekend for you if your keen??

the ever evolving drama that is my car is still being solved so im stuck at home like a douche for another week or two.. No real rush man, id say whenever you decide to take them off and do ur brakes is fine by me

Well I FINALLY got the plenum and throttle body on and have hit a bit of a problem.

Dosent look as though the pipe for the bov (small one straight off the TB) is going to be as straight a fit as I hoped and it's going to fowl on my catch can and the breather lines..........SH1T!!!!!!!

I did know it was gonna be tight but didn't think it would be as tight as it is.

I have two options from what I can see:

1) Put a 45 degree joiner straight off the TB at a bit of a funny angle and cut about 10-15mm out of the intercooler hole in the body towards the front of the car and then see if the I can get my catch can cut down or something and run the hoses underneath the bov pipe.

2) dummy up some kind of complex piping and the get it fabricated so it all fits.

I'm going to try the first option to start with as I think option 2 will have way to many bends

Can any body tell me if running a 45deg joiner straight off of the throttle body is still ok? As in will all the runners still get ok flow or would having a bend so close cause one of them to be restricted.

Well I FINALLY got the plenum and throttle body on and have hit a bit of a problem.

Dosent look as though the pipe for the bov (small one straight off the TB) is going to be as straight a fit as I hoped and it's going to fowl on my catch can and the breather lines..........SH1T!!!!!!!

I did know it was gonna be tight but didn't think it would be as tight as it is.

I have two options from what I can see:

1) Put a 45 degree joiner straight off the TB at a bit of a funny angle and cut about 10-15mm out of the intercooler hole in the body towards the front of the car and then see if the I can get my catch can cut down or something and run the hoses underneath the bov pipe.

2) dummy up some kind of complex piping and the get it fabricated so it all fits.

I'm going to try the first option to start with as I think option 2 will have way to many bends

Can any body tell me if running a 45deg joiner straight off of the throttle body is still ok? As in will all the runners still get ok flow or would having a bend so close cause one of them to be restricted.

you need to plan things better... douche :nyaanyaa:

45 degree should be fine as ive seen a few 32 gtrs with a bit of the same thing cramming it all into that engine bay

Yeah seems as though I am the douche Aggrodave........touché :)

Had a chat with Craved on Saturday on what can be done and also have got a little help from PM-R33 as well. Phil has 2 90deg bends welded together in a kind of "S" shape which may work and after talking with Chris I should be able to cut down the catch can a little and move the bungs forward and it should fit.

Just when Chris thought he had finished all my coating I'm gonna drag him back in and make him weld stuff too, poor bugger. Man I'm gonna have a few spare bits of powdercoated pipes.

Hopefully it won't be to much of an expensive mistake, the bends are only around 40bux each and I just have to get the bungs I need welded onto them so fab costs shouldn't be heaps.

• 2 weeks later...

Just gonna get the pipework sorted today and drop it off for welding during the week.

Cam covers, fuel rail and and all wiring that has needed to be extended is done. Once I get time to drop over to see Craved I'll pick up my coated coil cover and put that on.

I've only been working on the car for a couple of hours here and there because of work commitments. As per usual with me things are progressing but very slowly.

I have some random pics I have been taking along the way so I'll try and post them up tonight.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, a long time between updates but some progress has been made.

Its starting to look like an engine again :banana:

I have worked out my piping troubles and Chris has tacked it together for me so I can figure out where to put the BOV and the AAC ports. It looks like Ill have to get a new hotside pipe as the factory one doesnt give me enough clearance for the BOV return pipe, no biggy.

The fenix radiator is in and it is a great fit, looks like it was meant to be there.

I ran into another small drama last weekend when I tried to install the front 324mm brake upgrade kit. Turns out I had two left hand rotors lol, so it was back to UAS and good old Dave(T04GTR) made a call for me and had the disc replaced in no time :thanks: so its back with Chris again with my calipers for the thermal coating.

I worked out I will not have a bleed point for the coolant (well to be honest Chris picked that one :blush:) but I happened to have an old breather tank/swirl pot laying around so Ive installed that next to the brake booster in the drivers side corner. I had to make up a frankenstein bracket to get it to fit but it dosent look too bad.

It does have a tiny bit of play in it so ill get a proper one made up later out of 5mm steel or something.

Anyway a few random pics I took whenever I had the camera in the shed. They arent in any particular order but I thought Id post them up.

IMG_1718.jpg

IMG_1719.jpg

IMG_1841.jpg

IMG_1844.jpg

IMG_1865.jpg

IMG_1864.jpg

IMG_1867.jpg

I connected up all the coolant lines and vacuum lines etc tonight, ill post up some more progress pics once the brakes are on.

If been doing some thinking about the exterior and was thinking that if Im getting the bonnet and front bar sprayed I might get some of the guard flares the give the body a bit of width, Ive never really been 100% happy with how the GTS looks compared the the GTR so I figure these may help with a bit of a tougher stance, not sure.....what do you guys think??????

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

• Like 1

depends on how flush ur wheel sit at the moment. dont want to have awesome fender flare to have your wheels sit too far inside the guards..

if thats all good I say go for it

Yeah I was thinking the same Dave, at the moment I have LMGT2 Front 17 x 8" +35, rear 17 x 9" +38 with 235's on the front and 255's on the rear.

They fill the guards pretty well but could do with the same offset up front and maybe squeeze a 265 tyre all round on them??????

Dunno, I do know of a set of the lmgt2 rims for sale relatively cheap but other things first and I'll see if they are still around

I'll show you when your over my place and you can tell me what you think