SAU Community

Hr31 Coupe Rb26 (For Now)

DCIEVE

shit i love this car

any updates on this ??

Yep, plugging away at it in my spare time!

After a bit of back and forth with PWR and lots of measuring a radiator arrived. Looks pretty good and fits well.

F20A5F09-7CA5-46BA-932D-495F913923FB_zps

I've also collected most of the materials for the header tank and swirl pot, so a few trips to the fabricator and it should be going again. Hoping to give it a shake down in the next couple of weeks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Well it's been another painful few months. Got the radiator and new swirl pot + header tank combo in, fired the car up and it promptly dropped two cylinders. Turns out the cdi had dropped a capacitor so it was sent back to Autronic for repairs. Autronic strongly recommended upgrading the chip in the ECU since I'm about 5 versions out of date so I elected to do that at the same time. What a massive mistake that turned out to be!! Two additional trips back to Autronic in Vic, three SM4 chip versions and three or four months later and it's finally running again.

I got it down to MC Motorsport on Friday for a test & tune session. Running only 1bar and revving to 6k it still went pretty well. Having a bit of a problem with oil surge under acceleration which is odd considering it's fine on the street - I'm hoping it's the sump running a bit low with sustained high'ish rpm resulting in surge since it's an easier fix than pulling the sump off.... The accusump looked after things but nevertheless I need to get to the bottom of that one before I have another crack.

AC3D6E40-633C-4090-8EB1-9B1D353E0F75_zps

F4001F4C-7BBE-4B5F-AC2A-B8B0EEA862FE_zps

Some in car video from the shakedown, taking it pretty easy on account of the oil pressure.

That's awesome :) Must be a delight to drive!

Who ended up building the bottom end?

It's heaps of fun and should be even better once the cam timing has been sorted out with a bit more boost! Peter Gray built the engine.