SAU Community

28th Feb GOR - Post event PHOTOS and comments

Jamezilla

Haha, yeah my self (Black 32) and ret where having a fair bit of fun with you oak. It was good to see that i was able to keep the pace as my engine transplant was just done and all. All those twisties and those strights, well my speed limiter works! :wassup:

Can i just say though that i thought all of the drivers were fantastic today, a really friendly group of people, i had no problems meeting new people as you were all friendly.(NisR34) and ret :rolleyes:

Oh and a big thumbs up to everyone who got all of this running, andrew and ash! :P and anyone else who helped out along the way!Look forward to the next meeting.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Highlight was driving back through the forest. And getting the silvia out of the ditch.
hey dude,

Ye we were the guys who helped get the silva out... :rolleyes:  

yea i ment you and the black r32 also, i kept looking in my mirrow i was under pressure...

also the older ZX that started off the nice cruise home...

Thanks again guys for helping me out of the ditch, very much appreicated. :Oops: Luckily there was no damage to the car, I was worried about my exhaust but it's fine...

I'm disapointed I didn't make it down earlier, I arrived at Apollo Bay as everyone was leaving, hence my bodgy u-turn that landed me in the ditch

Great photos guys... wish I was there...

I'm still overseas now and there is no skylines at all here :rolleyes:

Just millions of 100cc Yamaha/Honda motorcycles and gazillions of

public mini-buses "white bread shape car", corollas, accords, and a

few locally built people movers with bizzare names like Mitsubishi "Horse" or Toyota "Reindeer".

Till I get back... cheers :P

why!.... WHY!!!!

i feel like burning that tyre place down now... ****ing bastards!

i was soooooo looking forward to coming to this....

glad to see there was a really good turn out... also glad to see people had a good time.

i even brought 5 1 hour video tapes so my gf could video the entire trip there and back through the twisties like the last one we went on.

No you weren't the only one mate... on the long straight stretches I too was doing the limit. I wasn't pushing really hard through the twisties as I had a line of black R33GTSt (with GTR badge), white R32 GTSt, black R32 GTSt, green Minitruck and a red Z in front of me and I wasn't going to attempt to overtake that lineup!

I was sitting behind a maroon VL and Lee in the R33GTSt earlier, but they pulled over and I went through. Thanks guys. Oh, and there was a nice flame flash out of that 33 just before you decided to pull over. Wish I'd had a video camera on board!

The main reason I stuck to the speed limit on the straights was a purple BA XR6T (JAI-010)that pulled over, let us through, then stuck on my ass like glue. I had my suspicions he was an off-duty copper the way he accelerated to catch us up. I don't think he was, but I didn't want to take any chances.

I didn't get to know a lot of you guys, but I did chat to a few without getting names/nicks. Like I said in the other thread, I've been a member of quite a few "online" car clubs, and the type of people I met yesterday are much more mature and responsible than most I've met in other online clubs. It was a well organised run, but not enough people had UHFs.

The funniest sight for me was the dude on the motorbike. Pic is attached.

[edit] I forgot to add the numberplate topping it off. I don't know if many of you noticed it... "HUGE 1" :rolleyes:

The main reason I stuck to the speed limit on the straights was a purple BA XR6T (JAI-010)that pulled over, let us through, then stuck on my ass like glue. I had my suspicions he was an off-duty copper the way he accelerated to catch us up. I don't think he was, but I didn't want to take any chances.

I too saw that car and thats when i decided to slow down abit and let the 2 r32's through, but after the BA overtook me at about 120 km/l and i was starting to lag behind i thought id take the chance and try and lead the pack again for abit...

also in that BA was a female passanger so dont think it was a undercover....

shame i didnt get a chance to have a look at your car closer NRB but being busy with the pics and etc... i didnt bother asking for a little spin etc...

fingers crossed next time....

well my speed limiter works! :wassup:  

And i found out that mine does too... its hard being limited to 100km/h when trying to overtake. :D

Thanks to the organisers for a great day.

Great day.

First skyline cruise and definately not the last.

Had the opportunity to meet some of you skyline enthusiasts and I have to say all were friendly. (I was the guy in the white 32)

The run back on the otways was amazing. I can't get those twisties out of my head!!

NRB: Yeah we saw that guy on the bike - HUGE1 hehe......

Pushead: You have to drive next year!!

I too saw that car and thats when i decided to slow down abit and let the 2 r32's through, but after the BA overtook me at about 120 km/l and i was starting to lag behind i thought id take the chance and try and lead the pack again for abit...

also in that BA was a female passanger so dont think it was a undercover....

I had a good look at that car and was sure it WASNT an undercover car. I also stuck to the speed limit, and only went "104" when the line of sight ahead was clear for kilometres.

I also saw that dude on the motorbike, he was sooo funny. Reminded me of the guy from the fat boy slim film clip. Maybe he was testing a new airbag system for motorbike riders?

I had a good look at that car and was sure it an undercover car. I also stuck to the speed limit, and only went "104" when the line of sight ahead was clear for kilometres.

I also saw that dude on the motorbike, he was sooo funny. Reminded me of the guy from the fat boy slim film clip.  Maybe he was testing a new airbag system for motorbike riders?

well if he was an undercover? why didnt he pull any one over.....dont get me worried dude...i was jsut over the limit :wassup:

Sorry to get everyone worked up but i miss typed my original post.

It was meant to say that i was sure it wasnt an undercover cop.

Oops. Worst mistype of all time?

Original quote now being edited.

I think it was just some guy out having some fun with some "jap crap skylines" in his aussie ford.

Back onto the cruise, how awesome was driving through the forest with lights on, just seeing sets of stovetops snaking around the corners.

Yeah I'm getting a bit worried too.

I overtook at around 150. For some reason it never crossed my mind that he was an undercover.

The odd thing was that he didn't let Cr34tion pass, speeding up as he was trying to overtake.

At around 150, so 10 minutes to 2 o'clock then! :flamed:

I didn't even get to use more than 50% throttle all day :D