SAU Community

28th Feb GOR - Post event PHOTOS and comments

Jamezilla

No worries AL - ANYTIME. We had a great time with lots of laughs in the car so i'm glad you came along!

Yep definately a great day :D

GREAT DAY, that's all that can describe today, lost for words.

Big THANK-YOU! to Shivam (deorbit) for the ride.  Hopefully my car will be on the road for the next one.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great photos guys!

It was a great cruise - thanks to everyone who attended :D

The comments posted in the first few posts are well received. I think Andrew and Ash did pretty darn well considering the number of cars - but we'll try to up the coordination level for next time :)

Great Cruise. Thanks to the organisers.

Nice meeting you all.

Sorry for those I was holding up on the way back.. I was in Fuel Conserve Mode.

Thats it !! I'm going to buy a Jerry Can :D

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. This is just the first of a number of large cruises for the year. We have some more planned to come after MAS including Hanging Rock, Walhalla, Warburton, and a multi day Alpine Rd cruise, plus another GOR cruise later in the year.

Finding the perfect meet points is pretty tuff given 50 cars but I dont think there are any better than the ones we chose - due to the proximity of the next stages of the cruise itself. But we will get a few more people involved in the organisation next time to ensure everyone knows where they are going. Some of the less popular roads that we will cruise on later in the year will have much better meet points as far as exiting goes just due to the amount of traffic on those roads. The more people that can get CB's the better too as they are a usefull cruise tool. Especially for calls such as "Someone get a photo of the dude on the motorbike!" :D

abcent - your wing is crazy! How many pedestrians have you decapitated? LOL

Terry - I dont know how it can be arranged but I want to see the video footage! :)

Keep the pics coming. Make all those lazy bastards that couldn't be bothered coming regret it!

Great cruise, great turnout, great bunch of guys. :headspin:

I took around 120 shots on film (obviously I'm the only one still using it?!), should have them up in a couple of days.

I saw so many digital cameras out there, some really nice equipment too, where are all the shots fellas?

My hat goes off to the organisers, great cruise guys :D

I have never been on a cruise with so many friendly and sensible people in my life.

All I have to say about the drive back is :wassup: :wassup: :wassup: that was so sweet. Only porblem was a merc lost its exhaust and muffler at 70k's in the middle of geelong... missed my car by a bees penis.

Andrew, I got lots of video for you guys, the mrs was hanging outside the car half the cruise home and managed to get a lot of footage... I think we managed to get all the cars on tape. Ive got the techos at work telling me what I need to do to get to you guys.

Thanks to Oak and his mate for the help in getting the silncer off... I still owe you a rag tho.

Hypnotik, I was the guy that pulled over to show you the trun off after ur u-turn, was driving behind ya most of the way... the mrs was impressed with your car, it can definetly move.

Was definately a great day, and a great introduction to cruising with the SAU crew! Looking forward to the next one!!

Got plenty of photos (150+), I'll just attach a main one for now... Don't want to use too much server space so I'll set up a website for them all later.

Thanks to Oak and his mate for the help in getting the silncer off... I still owe you a rag tho.

hey terry,

If you can upload that footage of my car, we will call it even! also on the way back i was tryn to get you to get the camera out again (highbeams and flashing you) so i could slow down then catch up...but wasnt to be....

Also you and that silvia had abit of go....as you left me fro dead in the twisties...

ahhh... I was wondering what you were flashin me for... the footage of your car and the other skylines behind me was awesome with your lights on.... the mrs nearly fell out tryin to get that

like I said, that silvia can definatly move. damn those twisties are sweet.

Was definately a great day, and a great introduction to cruising with the SAU crew! Looking forward to the next one!!

Got plenty of photos (150+), I'll just attach a main one for now... Don't want to use too much server space so I'll set up a website for them all later.

That's a great shot! I wish I had of taken some panoramics now. :D

Only took about three panoramics myself, they do give a nice overview of the goings on though! I think my mate in the ZX took a few more, don't have a download of his photos to put up however.

I'll put them all up on a website tonight, after a bit of photoshopping and collating!

Oh, if anyone wants any originals - just pm/email. (Note - large files!)

And i found out that mine doesnt! :)

Thanks to the organisers for a great day.

Dont forget everyone... this is an OPEN VIEWABLE THREAD TO THE PUBLIC.

Your speed limiters are set to 100km/h and you didnt break any road laws.

Please edit postsetc.

This is a reflection... and some things are maybe better kept to ones self.

Remember, saying you did XXX is as good as an admission ;)

Anyhow.

Thanks for coming along guys.

Glad everyone enjoyed themselves. I had a ball, getting all the pics in my... 'interesting manner' :D

There will be more great cruises to come, so hopefully our numbers are just as good!

Thanks again for coming along.

ash

Finding the perfect meet points is pretty tuff given 50 cars but I dont think there are any better than the ones we chose - due to the proximity of the next stages of the cruise itself.  

Some of the less popular roads that we will cruise on later in the year will have much better meet points as far as exiting goes just due to the amount of traffic on those roads.  

The more people that can get CB's the better too as they are a usefull cruise tool.

Yeah, just on that - 50 cars - wow. Bigger than i thought.

And trying to get 50 cars into one group is always going to be extremely hard by all accounts.

All it takes it one set of lights... and even the 'reps' can get split from thier group.

But we'll try boost the clarity next time and make it as easy as possible for everyone.

For more 'suburban' cruises, there will be maps with more detail (as i made on the Doncaster cruise)

Reason for not doing one on the GOR... it's just one road really. And there was only 1-2 meet points.

No direction needed is how we took it :D

No matter, it's all constructive criticism that will make cruises better and better!

Also, CB's... Where were they all ?

I had one, and there were 4-5 others, i'm sure the bulk buy had like 20+

So remember the CB's. They come in handy that's for sure.

CBs were great, definitely a worthwhile investment if you plan to go on a few cruises - useful for speed/hazard/police reports etc.

Also, don't buy those 500mW cheapo units, fork out the extra for a 2W unit at least.

yer i had my limiter set to 90 for safety, dont want to go over the speed limit now, hit it a few times in the 100 zones and only over took when the lines were broken and when cars in front were doing at least 20ks less than me

:zap::zap::zap:

As per most of the posts here......Thanks heaps to all the organizers etc. The day was fantastic and the drive really picked up after lunch :-)

Also discovered my new stg2 turbo keeps up with gtrs around the twisties (thanks SMC-200!!)

As this was my first (and my wifes 1st) SAU Vic cruise it was great to meet you all and hope to see you at the next one!