SAU Community

Garrett GT35R 714568-1 or -2

Hi Mr Walker, what is your power target? What capacity engine? What are you aiming for with the car? Road, drag, circuit or combo?

The reason I ask is we have used a GT35R with the 1.06 A/R turbine and it works very well on a 3.1 litre engine with a 700 bhp target, that has a close ratio gearset and is targetted at a road/drag combo. This engine also has a lot of other parts, cams, ported RB 26 head and manifold, forged rods and pistons, valve springs, head and main bearing stud kits, etc etc.

However if you have a 2.5 litre with limited mods and want a road only car, then I would not recommend it.

Hope that is of some help

Hey SydneyKid,

In a word....YES. You've pretty much outlined what I have in mind. An RB30 with an RB26 head and associated paraphanalia and mods as mentioned, with the intention of lots of street and regular drag racing sessions to bring out the peak. I was aiming at 600+ bhp. Would the .82 be more appropriate for this power target or would you suggest I reconsider my turbo choice? I want to use off the shelf Garrett equipment rather than any Japanese brand names...

Hi Ghost Who Walks, your power target is pretty much what I would aim for in one of our ciruit race cars, the low 600's seem to be the go for maintaining good response with sufficient power. A vast majority of the Japanese circuit attack Skylines have this power level. For a turbo we use a Garrett (what I call) competition core, this enables lots of choices of compressor and turbine. The main advantage is, being designed for racing use, they are easily (inexpensively) serviceable and rebuildable with off the shelf parts.

Have a talk to your local Garrett agent, they should have the details.

A skyline i drive in reguarly uses a built RB26 with a 2.7 capacity, and associated headworks, he has a GT35R with a 1.06 housing and the car has good response low down in the rev range, seems to hold the power well all the way 7500-8000rpm. Has run a smidge over 470rwhp.

Hope that helps

I have this turbo sitting in my room for my RB25DET. Just wondering how it compairs to the turbo's you guy use down there? It's a standerd bushing turbo. Here are the specs.

56 trim GT40 compressor wheel

-76 trim T350 turbine wheel

-T04E (3" inlet, 2" outlet)

.63 AR exhaust housing.