SAU Community

R33 GTS-T ECU differences

mambastu

I have a series 2 RB25DET from a GTS-T. My engine ECU was damaged the other day so I'm looking for a replacement.

Can anyone tell me if all GTS-T ECU's are the same ? Can I uses a series 1 ECU on a series 2 engine at all ?

Guest RedLineGTR

From what i have seen of some dyno results the Series 2 for the 95 model gtst's are superior to the series 1 ecus because the 95 series ecus have a better air/fuel ratio pretty much a better factory tune. I'm not sure about the 96 series 2 ecus etc but in general year after year of production of these cars they usally fix little bugs and clean up fuel maps abit etc. Try and find one that is specific to your model, if you cant find a series 2 one try and go for whatever you can get if you need quick. My 2 Cents

From what i have seen of some dyno results the Series 2 for the 95 model gtst's are superior to the series 1 ecus because the 95 series ecus have a better air/fuel ratio pretty much a better factory tune. I'm not sure about the 96 series 2 ecus etc but in general year after year of production of these cars they usally fix little bugs and clean up fuel maps abit etc. Try and find one that is specific to your model, if you cant find a series 2 one try and go for whatever you can get if you need quick. My 2 Cents

i thought series II only start from 96 models up?

because i think i have a late 95 model, and i;ve only seen 96 models and above which start having extra air bag, different interior, kit and etc.

or is there actually a 95 series II ?

i thought series II only start from 96 models up?

because i think i have a late 95 model, and i;ve only seen 96 models and above which start having extra air bag, different interior, kit and etc.

or is there actually a 95 series II ?

The '95 model is often referred to as the series 1.5 because it looks like a series 1, but has many series 2 components, such as ECU, engine, AFM, etc. If yours is a late 95 model, it's definitely a series 1.5 and has the improved bits in it.

The '95 model is often referred to as the series 1.5 because it looks like a series 1, but has many series 2 components, such as ECU, engine, AFM, etc. If yours is a late 95 model, it's definitely a series 1.5 and has the improved bits in it.

ok, thought so too, but that still doesnt asnwer

if there is a 95 model series II?

i think that answers your question perfectly. its a 1.5 so No there is no or highly unlikely that there is a 95 series 2.

I have an october 95 series 2... has the different squarer headlights, bonnet, grill, bumper, passenger + drivers airbag, update interior, colour coded skyline badge on the boot instead of the clear one that matches the indicators and so on. Mine has the mesh grill instead of the letter box grill, apparently an indicator of early series 2.

yep got a nov 95 series I but shit load of series II stuff like motor, exterior bits but no second airbag, talking bout airbags my light on the dash constantly has the airbag light on anyidea how to get rid of it and yes i don't have the stock steering wheel any more so no airbag

I have an october 95 series 2... has the different  squarer headlights, bonnet, grill, bumper,  passenger  + drivers airbag, update interior, colour coded skyline badge on the boot instead of the clear one that matches the indicators and so on. Mine has the mesh grill instead of the letter box grill, apparently an indicator of early series 2.

there we go :)

If it helps any - Mine is a Sept 95 car (series 2 motor, in a series one car) and I am running a 1993 ECU in the car cause I blew up the stock 1995 ECU.. :)

Soooo I'm pretty sure a series 1 ECU will run a series 2 motor.

J

If your looking for ECU get your self a Power FC direct replacement ECU. Less hassles of wiring, uses original sensors and is tuneable up to 600hp, what I like about this ECU is the detonation warning light which is really handy for monitoring purposes. It's about $1600 brand new incl. GST with warranty and tech support if needed. I beleive the price is only for the ECU excludes hand controller.

The dates the jap use (for years) are based on eras. The last one, under emperor Hirohito was Showa, the current one is Heisei under emperor Akihito. The era began in 1989, so that year is Heisei 1, 1995 is therefore year 7

You can find the build date on your jap compliance plate, if you have the original books, you will be able to find the delivery date too.

It's about $1600 brand new incl. GST with warranty and tech support if needed.
You can get the PowerFC + HC from Greenline.jp for $1,304 + Shipping + any taxes (if it gets pulled up for customs + gst).