SAU Community

R33 GTS-T ECU differences

mambastu

Okay then, the last number of my vin is 7, does that make it a 95 model? and how do you get a month out of these other numbers??? it doesnt seem to make sense?

Sorry, told a furfy about the build date on the jap plates, sorry. with the vin though I can confirm the build date. I have original books with mine, that also document build and delivery dates.

for '95 ECR-33, numbers should be between the following:

051880-063435

100001-100019

101001-101987

If its different, if you tell me what it is, I can tell you the build year, as I have jpgs of the different models and corresponding engine numbers for different jap cars.

Yes an auto ECU will run a manual car. A manual ECU will not run an auto car. In answer to the differences between the S1 & S2 ECU's, has anyone thought of the fact that S1 run an ignitor on the engine itself, whereas the S2 have the ignitor built into the ECU. Surely that should be a main difference. But if people have responded and said that S1 and S2 are interchangable, then it must work. Realistcally, you are better off saving the money buying another standard ECU and buy a second hand Power FC. They have come down to about $1100.