SAU Community

Zoid's Gts Build

zoidbergmerc

oooOOOoooooooh

Good.

Yes there is a lot of win in that car. Can you help me pump up my guards and repaint it toffy?

please dont get the same size/ offset all around. Gts skylines look a million times better with more dish in the rear and a more agressive stance at the rear. if you look throught the r33 pics thread i think you will find that trend working wonders.

the silver r33 looks balls in my opinion. the front rims look bigger at the front and look to stick out of the guards makeing the reas look undersize.

but it is your car do as you please.

i got my seccond pair through boost. grate blokes to deal with.

d1r's are sexy

i want the 18x9 +15's all round on the stagea (think 10's will be too ambitious and tyres too exxy)

let us know if anywhere does you a good deal on a combo

there is a bloke in the build section that has got some tuff rims fitting a stag. i think 10s will look good. or atleast the dish will. your welcome to try mine on for sizing. they are 18x10 +22 also a 235 18 doesnt look to bad on 10s. we run them on about 3 different cars so im kind of used to the look.

good tyres like fedderal can be had for a very resonable price if you ask the right questions

please dont get the same size/ offset all around. Gts skylines look a million times better with more dish in the rear and a more agressive stance at the rear. if you look throught the r33 pics thread i think you will find that trend working wonders.

I kind of wanted the same all round so I could have a spare and run 285s front and back.

I'm starting to think my original plan is the best strat. 18x10 +22 on the Rear and 18x9 +15 for the front.

I've spoken with rusty and he said his fronts rub at full lock so with my lock mods it'll definitely rub! But I prolly won't use that lock with the 18s on because I'll only drift with my 17s.

SIGH!

Haha, nah mate I was actually hinting at the complete opposite, sorry if you got the wrong idea. I was commenting on your ability to do basically anything to do with cars that is brought up in these forums, and from what I hear do it bloody well. From now on you should have your blushing face on, 'cause I was honestly very impressed :)

I'm the sort of person who will call bullshit if I think it's bullshit, but I won't generally go into depth about ducks, origami and stromboli when I'm doing it :P

Jay

On the serious.

Your index finger, it's mine.

the silver r33 looks balls in my opinion. the front rims look bigger at the front and look to stick out of the guards makeing the reas look undersize.

but it is your car do as you please.

i got my seccond pair through boost. grate blokes to deal with.

there is a bloke in the build section that has got some tuff rims fitting a stag. i think 10s will look good. or atleast the dish will. your welcome to try mine on for sizing. they are 18x10 +22 also a 235 18 doesnt look to bad on 10s. we run them on about 3 different cars so im kind of used to the look.

good tyres like fedderal can be had for a very resonable price if you ask the right questions

i was thinking about the 10's but i think the offset is a bit low and i might have clearance issues, i'd love to try them on tho if you have time sometime

basically anything that fits a gtr will fit the stagea

I kind of wanted the same all round so I could have a spare and run 285s front and back.

I'm starting to think my original plan is the best strat. 18x10 +22 on the Rear and 18x9 +15 for the front.

I've spoken with rusty and he said his fronts rub at full lock so with my lock mods it'll definitely rub! But I prolly won't use that lock with the 18s on because I'll only drift with my 17s.

SIGH!

yes running the same size front and back is handy for track use so you can rotate tyres ect throught out the day but its actually all about looking cool. haha.

i doubt you will get 285s on the front with stock guards regardless. is there a reason you want 285s? most people look for a common size used by other forms of motorsport so second hand track tyres can easily be brought.

i was thinking about the 10's but i think the offset is a bit low and i might have clearance issues, i'd love to try them on tho if you have time sometime

basically anything that fits a gtr will fit the stagea

I have 18x 9.5 GTC's on my S2 stag. They're a bit of a squeeze on the ass end with 255 tyres- there's heeeeaps of room in the front guards though. My stag is auto so it's a wider track at the rear than an origional manual. It's also a fair bit lower than standard too :-)

post-22624-0-07681000-1307790718_thumb.jpg

285's are going to be waaaay expensive and imposible to fitt up front zoid. 265's are more common.

Cheers

Justin

Edited by XRATED

I have 18x 9.5 GTC's on my S2 stag. They're a bit of a squeeze on the ass end with 255 tyres- there's heeeeaps of room in the front guards though. My stag is auto so it's a wider track at the rear than an origional manual. It's also a fair bit lower than standard too :-)

post-22624-0-07681000-1307790718_thumb.jpg

285's are going to be waaaay expensive and imposible to fitt up front zoid. 265's are more common.

Cheers

Justin

thats a nice looking stagea! maybe i can fit more in the rear guards because i've got a manual cradle? what offset are you running?

+1 for using a common tyre size, for my 31 the proper tyre size is 235/40r17 but because anything with optioned 17" alloys comes with 235/45/r17 they are waaaaaaay cheaper that the 40 profile tires

also, for drifting your going to want the wheel with the least inertia so they pick up speed easier, there are 2 ways to decrease inertia, lighter material in the wheels - expensive or smaller diameter - cheaper for everything

235/45/r17's can be had really cheap because they are fitted to heaps of cars

just food for thought

thats a nice looking stagea! maybe i can fit more in the rear guards because i've got a manual cradle? what offset are you running?

+1 for using a common tyre size, for my 31 the proper tyre size is 235/40r17 but because anything with optioned 17" alloys comes with 235/45/r17 they are waaaaaaay cheaper that the 40 profile tires

also, for drifting your going to want the wheel with the least inertia so they pick up speed easier, there are 2 ways to decrease inertia, lighter material in the wheels - expensive or smaller diameter - cheaper for everything

235/45/r17's can be had really cheap because they are fitted to heaps of cars

just food for thought

Cheers... I love it too (luckily so dose the woman) They're 9.5's +22 with 255 tyres.

You will have 30 or 40mm narrower track in the ass end if your stag is a factory manual. You'll fit a 10" wheel under there with rolled lips and correct offset. Honestly you'll be pushing some serious hp to need more than a 245/255 35 under the ass end with awd.

Cheers

Justin

Edited by XRATED