SAU Community

Zoid's Gts Build

zoidbergmerc

Engine is finished now :D

Only a week to get it Tuned and run in.

Nick and Ben over at GT Garage are doing an amazing job and working their fingers to the bone in order to get it done before the weekend so I can go in the Tas Drift Festival.

Some engine pron for you

engine7.jpg

Super happy fun times await. Hopefully I can pull a decent slide in it; it'd be a little embarrassing if I couldn't pinch.gif

Holy jesus that's one sexy looking engine bay... I'll be dropping in to the drift festival for a few hours today, keep your bonnet open and I'll come and have a looksie. Good luck with the competition, hope to see it in action!

Jay

I'm pretty sure this cars day went something like this:

1. Off

2. Warm up lap

3. Limiter

4. Limiter

5. Limiter

6. Go home time

Sounded awesome and the engine definitely looks the part (thanks for leaving the bonnet wide open, had a good perve).

Interested to see exactly how you mounted your fire extinguisher, it's exactly where I was planning on putting mine :) Oh, and how'd those sway bars feel? Any adjustments on the day?

It was just an issue with fuel surging on spin out (as they didn't get time to fit the surge tank), was just playing it safe towing it off for a cool down and a check over.

Engine was run in on the dyno before the day.

Edited by SKiT_R31

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's the squishy fat thing in the middle that's letting the car down at the moment. But having never driven a RWD car with more than 60kw I think I'm going OK. Managed to link up the S's by the end of the day, got my hand out the window once too haha. Going to give her a go at the super sprints next week, hopefully I can get this car going with in a 10th of it's potential.

Here are some pics of my weekend :)

Loading up at GT

_1019316Medium.jpg

All loaded up :)

_1019321Medium.jpg

Quite intimidating :S

_1019322Medium.jpg

Pretty engine bay

_1019323Medium.jpg

Last minute touch ups with Dr. House...

_1019324Medium.jpg

First time giving it a boot full

_1019330Medium.jpg

-

_1019331Medium.jpg

Screamer pipe on full noise

_1019332Medium.jpg

Brown Trousers time

_1019333Medium.jpg

At this point I remembered my training... Kick the clutch 2m from the Apex....

_1019334Medium.jpg

Yeahhhhh!

_1019336Medium.jpg

Awwwwww

_1019337Medium.jpg

Just managed to hold on.

_1019339Medium.jpg

This hasn't gone to plan.

_1019340Medium.jpg

Yep...

_1019341Medium.jpg

Not gone well

_1019342Medium.jpg

No one saw that right...

_1019343Medium.jpg

The white menace lining up for Qualifying.

_1019349Medium.jpg

Trying to regain some dignity after the Driftkahna by frying em...

_1019377Medium.jpg

Still Sexy

_1019404Medium.jpg

Such a great weekend, one I'll remember all my life. Went from overwhelming excitement, to nausea inducing nerves, to sky high excitement and overall satisfaction.

Can't thank Nick and Ben at GT Garage enough for the enormous amount of work they've done on the car getting it from a clapped out ricer to the monster it is now, all in only 2 months.

Thanks for posting that up Dan, must have been at the end of the day when I was getting the hang of it.

Interested to see exactly how you mounted your fire extinguisher, it's exactly where I was planning on putting mine :) Oh, and how'd those sway bars feel? Any adjustments on the day?

Sway bars were really nice, the whole suspension setup was really really good, couldn't fault it at all, zero understeer, the car just did exactly what I told it to do, which most of the time was the wrong thing haha, but I'll learn.

We didn't make any adjustments to anything and I reckon it'll stay that way for a long time until I'm actually pushing any form of limit of the car. At the moment the car is only limited by me. I just need some more time behind the wheel :)

Edited by zoidbergmerc

• 4 weeks later...

This is the interior if anyone was interested.

This has to be the only build in the history of skylines where there are less gauges in the after photo :P

How much weight did you drop when you emptied out the carpets/seats etc?

yeah haha, I need those gauges back though, the ones in the car were all broken and the new ones haven't arrived yet.

The original seats were quite heavy and the replacement seat you can lift with your pinky quite comfortably so I think a fair bit was saved there. The air bags were also quite heavy as well as the seat belts; but the rest of the carpet didn't weigh that much, no more than a couple of beach towels really.

The next big weight saving needs to come from the driver though, cutting back to zero beers and no junk during the week really made a huge difference, I still eat\drink what ever I want over the weekend though so it's not all bad. So far I've gone down 2 holes in my belt and I can fit into my old overalls that didn't fit two weeks ago. Haven't actually weighed my self yet though.

yeah but where does one obtain this dry ice you speak so fondly of?

not sure about that

http://www.google.com.au/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=dry+ice+in+tasmania&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&redir_esc=&ei=XiGtTbSiMOTdiAKss4zDDA

a few places by the look of it

i've never done it but i've seen a few diy's for it, you can use normal ice but it makes everything wet