SAU Community

Zoid's Gts Build

zoidbergmerc

Turned on the vct, made it a little better. Still getting about 100mls per lap though. Gtr cam covers should fix that though. Thrashing it on the Dyno yeilds zero oil in the catch can so its just the G's from the bends that's pumping it in there.

Turned on the vct, made it a little better. Still getting about 100mls per lap though. Gtr cam covers should fix that though. Thrashing it on the Dyno yeilds zero oil in the catch can so its just the G's from the bends that's pumping it in there.

So the cam covers fill up instead?

So the cam covers fill up instead?

Yes? I don't know what you're asking...

I'm not getting any oil surge issues, even with my exuberant driving yesterday. As long as the oil stays in the engine i'd be happy :P

Yes? I don't know what you're asking...

I'm not getting any oil surge issues, even with my exuberant driving yesterday. As long as the oil stays in the engine i'd be happy :P

Oh yes, reading again i see where youre going with this

Do you not think Cam covers will make a difference?

I've been told that reducing the oil pressure and Cam covers is the best course of action.

60,S YOUD HAVE TO BE HAPPY WITH THAT, HOWS THE MID RANGE POWER FEEL NOW THE VCT IS ACTIVE? CHEERS BRAD

60,S YOUD HAVE TO BE HAPPY WITH THAT, HOWS THE MID RANGE POWER FEEL NOW THE VCT IS ACTIVE? CHEERS BRAD

Yeah I was so surprised when they told me I almost fell over!

Here are some pics from the weekend

270654_10150252471252420_565902419_7335555_2141517_n.jpg

281233_10150308559761779_608006778_9054424_1251358_n.jpg

281475_10150308561046779_608006778_9054439_7709993_n.jpg

Team dirty datsun had the bonnets up more than the old alfas! hahaha. I was just showing off most of the time though whistling.gif

Do you not think Cam covers will make a difference?

I've been told that reducing the oil pressure and Cam covers is the best course of action.

Is it filling up or just kinda falling out of the covers due to the G forces?

Some basic baffling could help if its the latter

Pretty sure the cause the 26 covers are bigger, there is more room for the air and oil to separate. I'm putting 26 covers on my 20 once I get round to dropping it back in.

Is it filling up or just kinda falling out of the covers due to the G forces?

Some basic baffling could help if its the latter

Well Ben at GT said they ran it on the dyno for over 60 seconds making load at highish RPM and they didn't see the problem, but then again, I don't get the problem on the first lap either.....

Which leads me to believe that there is a lot of oil in there, just not enough to make it come out on the dyno and that combined with the G's make it come out, because I have NA cam covers, smaller than the turbo ones, it's not helping.

So yeah, next stop is GTR cam covers, then after that we'll have to revise the oil restricters. No one seems to know what's in there, some say Tomei, some say stock. Who knows?! Either way, I'm tempted to just rip the head off and check to be sure.

n/a covers are the same as rb20 covers? , wouldn't expect there to be any problems being so many rb20's out there get thrashed and don't seem to have any issues? , who actually built the motor? i'm assuming nick?

n/a covers are the same as rb20 covers? , wouldn't expect there to be any problems being so many rb20's out there get thrashed and don't seem to have any issues? , who actually built the motor? i'm assuming nick?

Yeah Nick built it, but he send the block away to be honed and shaved and they put the restricters in... maybe, maybe not. WHO KNOWS! These things need to be found out.

a tomei 1.5mm is too big for a Nitto pump anyway, it should be a 1mm according to the tried and tested sydneykid guide. I didn't have any real breathing issues on the dyno, but I had 1.5l of oil in the catch can after the prolouge, and a unknown amount all through the engine bay.

Pretty sure the cause the 26 covers are bigger, there is more room for the air and oil to separate. I'm putting 26 covers on my 20 once I get round to dropping it back in.

The gtr cover has the entry for the escaping air (blow by) toward the front of the cover (internally under the cover), when under boost the majority of the oil in the head is forced to the rear of the rocker caverty allowing the blowby to escape out with out passing through the pooling oil, then along the cover above the baffle plate to the fittings at the back and out into the breather hoses. The 20/25 covers have the exit path at the rear (internally on the under side), which when under acceleration is where the pooling oil is collecting and a portion of oil is carried with the escaping blowby (i believe under extreme cases blow by has to pass through the oil) and the stays in suspension and is then carried foward out into the hoses. yes your correct ben as the extra height is a bonus

After my motor was built, it only had the standard restrictors (RB30), First time on the track at Symmons, it pumped shit loads into the catch can.(3 litres in 5 laps)For that season, I just plumbed it back to the sump and got away with it. In 2010 I spun a rod bearing, and had to rebuild it again, this time 1mm restrictors went in as well as the VCT getting a 1mm restrictor, I also fitted 26 covers with mines baffles, now I don't get a drop in the catch.