SAU Community

R32 Gtr No Dash + Tail Lights

Ten Four

It'll be the light switch itself. Ive just repaired my switch as I was having exactly the same problem! No dash or parkers but had headlights and brake lights...

The little plastic spring loaded triggers in the switch that move the metal contacts wear down giving you the problem youre have right now.

You need to disassemble the switch and replace the worn spring loaded trigger so it once again contacts the metal switch.

Think of the bushes in an alternator, same concept.

There is a thread with pics if you do a Google search, think its on another Skyline forum.

Edit - Here you go http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/115618-r32-headlight-switch-and-dash-globe-replacement/page__hl__r32+switch

Edited by NSNPWR

• 6 months later...

It'll be the light switch itself. Ive just repaired my switch as I was having exactly the same problem! No dash or parkers but had headlights and brake lights...

The little plastic spring loaded triggers in the switch that move the metal contacts wear down giving you the problem youre have right now.

You need to disassemble the switch and replace the worn spring loaded trigger so it once again contacts the metal switch.

Think of the bushes in an alternator, same concept.

There is a thread with pics if you do a Google search, think its on another Skyline forum.

Edit - Here you go http://www.skylinesa..._hl__r32+switch

I have this exact problem right now in my 1994 R32 GTR , any chance of what its worth for a new switch ? thanks !

Edited by sultanaz

K so I've received PMs regarding this...

Use the guide in the above link

And I paid $50 for another 2nd hand working switch cause I needed it at short notice..

interior.jpg

*pic not my car, random off google

Edited by 10 4

• 1 month later...

It was the switch that was causing the problem, the switchs themselves are heaps shit, worst quality to be honest... it burnt my wiring too which was expected, so what i did was went to the wreckers and pulled wiring off a N14 pulsar which connected straight up. obviously had different colours but u do the obvious and take notice what wire goes where before u cut the burnt harness.

Heres a few pictures of the switch for anyone for the future.

bdummq.jpg

308v34p.jpg

Heres the burnt Wiring and Switch photos

2dw3s4.jpg

kc10fk.jpg

2lo2cea.jpg

And a Computerised Version listing of R32 Parts.

2a9txsg.jpg

Hope that helps. Got any questions then give a buzz.

Edited by sultanaz

• 8 years later...