SAU Community

Want To Buy

wrench_

Hi,

I am WANTING TO BUY your car.

SYDNEY preferably, NSW possibility.

R32 , R33 , Coupe, Turbo, Manual (Silvia's, Cheap R34's possible)

Under 150KM's

Prefer some style of LEGAL body kit.

Must have RWC + have a good chance of surviving DEFECT check (plumb back bov, unexposed air filter, wheels not exceeding 25mm of original width, 100mm clearance, subtle engine bay) or a price that reflects DEFECTABLE modifications.

You know it is a BUYERS market at the moment, so REALISTIC offers only.

Budget $0-$12k ono

Before you offer please get an idea of what your car is worth.

R32

Stock Relative Low KM's $6000

R33 SI

Stock Not Silver Relative Low KM's $7000

R33 SII

Stock Silver Relative Low KM's $10000

These cars have been listed for a while now and have not sold at those prices.

Silver R33/R34's are worth less. Gunmetal R32/R33's are not silver.

Please don't tell me that your car is worth more because you modded it heaps. They are often worth much less. Modifications done properly, by professionals, with certs/papers are different. This is not the 90's anymore and modded cars are getting defected left, right and center.

I work as a college lecturer with ranging hours, so viewing during work hours can be arranged.

If you have a car suitable please PM me or reply below.

• Like 2
  • Nope 10

Yes, the links I have posted link to carsales adverts.

Yes, there are many cars on carsales.

Yes, I have contacted many car owners over the last two weeks, but very few have replied, making me think they either do not want to sell their cars, are not getting the messages, do not check their emails, are new to computers or are scammers.

Yes, I am also looking here, tradingpoint, ebay, and carpoint, importers, even considering importing from NZ as the cars are so cheap there with the high AUD, yahoo.jp, gumtree.

No, that is not the point of this thread. So..

Thank you for your unrelated comments :rolleyes:

Really only looking for people that have a car that fits the above description to PM/comment.

• Like 2
  • Nope 5

Mate you have done your homework on models & their prices, but i see a potential flaw in your listings. While you have prices for the earliest of each model as close to stock as you can find them nowdays pretty much, a modified car will save someone $1000's when done properly as you mentioned, particularly if they are planning to continue modifying theres $1000's already done. Later manufacture dates for each model will generally demand a higher price, eg 94 R32 vs 89 or 90 R32.

Ive currently got my 1992 R32 GTS-T for sale, starting at $10K which im not honestly expecting to get (id be stoked if i did, & a mate of mine sold his for this only a month ago so it certainly is possible), but will be dropping the price of mine soon. Given the mods & receipts for money spent on it ($10K of genuine receipts for work & parts), i believe my car would be worth $8K-$9K with its current rego, & having cleared a blue slip inspection following a previous defect. Yes its got 194xxx kms, but gets driven regularly & has no problems. Still has good fuel economy & is making good power with legal mods, excluding only the boost controller which can be disconnected easily enough.

If youre after a near stocker, your prices are close & good luck with the search. If you wanna consider something with more kms than youve specified, have a look in my posts. Be aware its the same red colour as the link you posted for the R32, which people either seem to like or dislike for some reason, there seems to be no in between views.

If youre after a modified version for those prices, keep searching & you may find 1 but id think its gunna take a fair while....

hey mate i rekon i can help u out on this 1 i know she aint a skylin but she is silver on looks orite and goes prety quick two, it is a nice clean and strait example and a prety good base to work up from all the details are on the add

http://sydney.gumtree.com.au/c-Cars-Vehicles-Motorbikes-Parts-cars-VP-Commodore-V6-Rims-Lowered-Sound-System-With-Rego-W0QQAdIdZ259759666

im in albion park which is prety close to sydney only lookn for about 1200 but depends on if u hav anythin to swap for it

• Like 3

Mate you have done your homework on models &....

Thanks for reply. I agree mods can save a lot, but they can also cost a lot, especially if defected.

Cheers for the info, I have looked at this car once, but will take another look. The KM's are a put off but will talk to you by PM.

• Like 2
  • Nope 3

I would not take it for free.

I would not take it even if you paid the costs of ownership swap and one year's rego.

And just to help you out, why wouldn't I?

1. Rego stopped recently? 60,000km is not recently.

2. You want to trade it for an rego'd auto? You already have a rego'd auto..

3. Car is mechanically excellent? A 20 year old car with an estimated 300km on the clock? Trade it in. For another rego'd auto. I imagine you will get more than what you are asking.

4. This is nothing like what I have advertised I am seeking. Wrong brand, wrong KM's, wrong body type, wrong transmission, wrong ... everything.

5. Your level of english in the ad is much better than in the forums. It is so bad in the forums you come across as moronic. You can say "whatever this is just a forum", but a forum is a purely place of communication, therefore it is even more important here. And experience has taught me that if you lack those basic communication skills, the socioeconomic group that you belong to will be far down the food chain. As a result the car has probably not had the nicest of lives, nor been taken care of as well as it should have been (i.e, with the right oil, servicing, driving). While this is not always true, it mostly is. I know lots of people using that type of language on forums, but not a good idea when you are advertising something.

6. Tri-spokes? 3 which have center caps? Really..

7. I only have one car park.

Like I said, the ad itself is actually alright. Well presented, good communication skills. And (some) people will buy anything.

Good luck selling the car.

• Like 2
  • Nope 2

Black R32, $7k flat.

All stock, it's got a pod filter done by previous owner but i've got the original air box.

227,000KM... the previous owner drove from Greenacre to the city and back.

Got dynoed, is mechanically sound. 152kw atw at 12psi boost.

Bought it to modify it, but my boss raged at me for buying it whilst on my Ps, as well as a couple others, so I'm going to sell it if someone wants it.

• Like 1

Hey there Wrench,

I know you have mentioned that you have been dutifully scouring the online car sites but I thought I might bring this one to your attention. I have been considering checking it out but the location is a little off putting.

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=10019787&__Qpb=true&Cr=12&__Ns=pCar_LastModifiedDate_DateTime|1&keywords=&__N=1216%201246%201247%201252%201282%204294963846%204294963593%20898%204294795819&SearchAction=N&silo=1011&seot=1&tsrc=allcarhome&__Nne=15&trecs=52&__sid=1298860558DD

If you want some company on the trip I will come along for the drive, we could make a day of it. Maybe pop into the capital and get some fireworks. Let me know if you are interested.

Regards.

This is not the 90's anymore and modded cars are getting defected left, right and center.

huy guyz ur cars are werth this much mkay i plz try an sell me 2 kk????

The seller makes the rules. Welcome to reality.

To top it off hardly any cars get defected. You don't know anything kid.

• Like 1
  • Nope 1

Sounds exciting ..

Actually I have sent that advertiser a message and not heard back from them. The post was also updated recently, and as some people on SAU have proved they will wire strangers money regardless of the risks. Makes you wonder.

Also, as you said, it is pretty far away.

• Like 1
  • Nope 1