SAU Community

Paul Diemar From Red R Racing In Hospital After Serious Accident.

Supa Steve

hope everything goes ok. yeah, it pays to wear appropriate gear when handling any chems.

sounds like he will be ok which is the main thing. hope he wears the right gear next time. :)

This is terrible to hear about. I trust he was working with diluted HF, ie rust stain remover. Therefore he is still alive.

My only recommendation would be not to use HF at all. Most labs I speak to will not have HF (concentrated) because of it's toxicity. Reports of horrific painful deaths are common with a spill of concentrated HF to 2% of the body enough to be fatal.

I called in to see Paul yesterday as he is home from hospital and although he has some permanent nerve damage to his thumb, forefinger and right arm he is ok. When he arrived at emergency his ecg printout showed he was on the verge of cardiac arrest and was rushed straight to the intensive care resusitation unit for treatment. Definately one lucky fella who should be heading to the closest newsagent and filling his pockets with lotto tickets. Daily calcium tablets and blood tests are keeping a close eye on him but appears other than the nerve damage he will be just fine.

He would like to thank all the people who sent messages of support both here and via text/email.