SAU Community

Help Wanted

Fit N Fun

Hay Guys first day on here so hello as well lol, just bought myself a 1996 gtst series 2 totally factory bar a 3" straight through exhaust. I have a front mount for it just need fitting kit., what Mods can I do at a basic level without spending much cash at the mo to make it pretty quick.

Thank you and sorry if this is the 10000000000000000000000 time you have read this sort of question. lol

Hay Guys first day on here so hello as well lol, just bought myself a 1996 gtst series 2 totally factory bar a 3" straight through exhaust. I have a front mount for it just need fitting kit., what Mods can I do at a basic level without spending much cash at the mo to make it pretty quick.

Thank you and sorry if this is the 10000000000000000000000 time you have read this sort of question. lol

Mate you'll always find the guys that call you a tosser for posting up questions like yours but some of us enjoy giving advice no matter how many times we've heard the question because its fun.

So your car...best bang for your buck mods are

Turbo back exhaust (if yours isn't)

FMIC (front mount intercooler) which you have - this is probably the most important upgrade you could do along with your exhaust if its not turbo back already.

CAI (cold air intake)

Stock R32 Wastegate Actuator (will get you up to 10psi, stock r33 actuator is limited to 7 or 8psi)

Boost Controller - if you want more boost (safely to about 14psi which is the limit of your stock turbo)

Power run and tune

This will give you approx 200-210rwkw and this is when you'll need the supporting mods for more power (injectors, fuel pump, z32 AFM, coil packs)

Jimmy

Edited by Plan-B
  • Like 1
  • Nope 1

Many thanks Jimmy,

hay I dont mind people calling me a tosser for asking a question, everyone has to learn some were, I have raced bikes my hole life but now I only have part movement in my right arm i cannot race anymore. come over from the UK to live the good life so to speak. Thanks alot, is it easy to source these parts.

Karl

Many thanks Jimmy,

hay I dont mind people calling me a tosser for asking a question, everyone has to learn some were, I have raced bikes my hole life but now I only have part movement in my right arm i cannot race anymore. come over from the UK to live the good life so to speak. Thanks alot, is it easy to source these parts.

Karl

Everything you need is on SAU Karl.

We have a Classified section where people can post up what they need/want to buy and also a trader section where businesses offering all the used/replacement/performance parts can be found.

Best way to do it is explore SAU and you will learn in leaps and bounds.

All the best brother.

• Like 1
  • Nope 1

Turbo back exhaust (if yours isn't)

FMIC (front mount intercooler) which you have - this is probably the most important upgrade you could do along with your exhaust if its not turbo back already.

wont make it fast, not needed

CAI (cold air intake)

std snorkel will work and cost nothing, high flow filter maybe

Stock R32 Wastegate Actuator (will get you up to 10psi, stock r33 actuator is limited to 7 or 8psi)

bleed valve will work easier - turbosmart $40 and easier to install

Boost Controller - if you want more boost (safely to about 14psi which is the limit of your stock turbo)

dont need a boost controller if you have a bleed valve

Power run and tune

tune what exactly.... what make sure the timing is in... better off just buying some plugs and oil

This will give you approx 200-210rwkw and this is when you'll need the supporting mods for more power (injectors, fuel pump, z32 AFM, coil packs)

I doubt it will give you 200rwkw

good one plan B, the original question was 'what Mods can I do at a basic level without spending much cash at the mo to make it pretty quick'

the best answer you could give would be 'not many, search be covered by more experienced people than me...'

good one plan B, the original question was 'what Mods can I do at a basic level without spending much cash at the mo to make it pretty quick'

the best answer you could give would be 'not many, search be covered by more experienced people than me...'

so you call "without spending much money" a $40 bleed valve and a high flow filter?

i think the guy has more to rub together than the peanuts you make from your decal business.

cop the sig, you fall into 2 categories there.

Edited by Plan-B
  • Like 1
  • Nope 1

no I said a bleed valve and a high flow filter, said nothing about a pod... pods are gay, and I suppose you have one right???

You had the guy buying a whole heap of useless hardware and going for a power run and tune... thats really woeful & expensive advice that would do bugger all for him...

seriously stop giving bad advice and making crap posts...

and baggin me out for making some money on the side is really no way to go about proving yourself correct, lets just keep it on topic, you really dont know who you'll piss off on a forum.

no I said a bleed valve and a high flow filter, said nothing about a pod... pods are gay, and I suppose you have one right???

You had the guy buying a whole heap of useless hardware and going for a power run and tune... thats really woeful & expensive advice that would do bugger all for him...

seriously stop giving bad advice and making crap posts...

and baggin me out for making some money on the side is really no way to go about proving yourself correct, lets just keep it on topic, you really dont know who you'll piss off on a forum.

We'll let Fit n Fun decide what he wants. i think he will opt for a bit more than what you have suggested, personally.

• Like 1
  • Nope 1

32 wastegate actuator.... No

At 10psi the stock R33 ECU will throw it in to rich and retard and it will be either slow as F#@! or Jerk when it hits about 5000rpm.

your better off doing the high boost mod with the stock boost solenoid till you get an aftermarket ECU. The chances of getting up to 200rwkw with a stock ECU are slim

And I wouldnt put the turbo right on its borderline limit of 14psi

I ran 12psi safely for about a year and a half, turbo came off the car and still looked/felt fine

You own an R32 and you dont experience the same ECU safety measures as the R33's do, I've been there, trust me its alot better to just run the car at 7psi then wind it up further then that on factory ECU.

32 wastegate actuator.... No

At 10psi the stock R33 ECU will throw it in to rich and retard and it will be either slow as F#@! or Jerk when it hits about 5000rpm.

your better off doing the high boost mod with the stock boost solenoid till you get an aftermarket ECU. The chances of getting up to 200rwkw with a stock ECU are slim

And I wouldnt put the turbo right on its borderline limit of 14psi

I ran 12psi safely for about a year and a half, turbo came off the car and still looked/felt fine

You own an R32 and you dont experience the same ECU safety measures as the R33's do, I've been there, trust me its alot better to just run the car at 7psi then wind it up further then that on factory ECU.

spot on mate. 33gtst ecu will hit rich and retard at a boost seeting of 10 pound.

had to rectify the problem on 33 countless times.

im not sure why he would want to change the wastegate actuator. bad idea

coil packs in not a power related problem as a rule. more an age and heat thing. my 400kw 25/30 has a set of nissan coils on it.

Hay guys all great info and will take it away with me Thank you, I have a FMIC now just need fitting kit, My exhaust is turbo back but still has cat in it.

So can someone just clear some thing up, its better to run 12psi NO MORE on stock turbo and change ECU is this correct. My car will be a daily driver so i still want it fast but not a rocket, i ride them pretty much every day.

Thank you all.

Karl

If your worried run 11psi. You will need an aftermarket ecu for these boost levels to be worthwhile. Plenty of fun to be had at 7psi if you've only just got the car but. Look in the DIY section here for the constant 7psi boost mod. It's easy just a matter of cutting a wire and earthily it to the car basically. But look at the DIY for more info if you want to do this

• 1 month later...

thx guys, just a quick update, have got fmic fitted, pod, e-mange ultimate and boost controller, also hks bov, just need to through it all in and give it a tune up, i am in melbourne, any one specific i can go to who is good and not going to over tune it.

karl