SAU Community

Team Lunchdate

Stinky Rooster

OK Sports fans, here it is.

Team LunchDate's first official meet thread. I am not interested in making a booking or collating numbers, so I dont really care if you notify your intention to attend or not, this thread is just here to make sure everyone is informed of when/where/what etc and the details dont get lost inside the whorethread, as usually is the case.

First up, let me stipulate that EVERYONE is welcome, regulars, n00bs, lurkers etc etc. We are a pretty laid back bunch of people and this is just about catching up, meeting and greeting and possibly putting some faces to names.

Friday 5th March 7am

Cafe Wotsisname

Cloisters Arcade

Perth

(pretty good range, and awesome prices. Fully cooked brekkie starts @ $10, and best of all, just down the hall from LowDown, possibly Perths greatest coffee)

If you are coming from anywhere in the CBD, the RED Cat bus stops right outside the front doors. For those driving in for the auspicious occasion, closest parking will be Mis Majestys Car Park, on Hay St.

I hope to see as many of you there as possible.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:( :(

What bout us full time workers?

Would be keen if it was another day!

It's a Friday morning because most of us who usually do this work in town so catch up before heading to work :)

P.S. I'm in.

:blush:

yer, its the 4th, not the 5th. This thread was smashed out at high speed in between narcolepsy inducing project meetings, so if anyone finds any further inaccuracies...

Well, you can lick the cheese from the underside of my one eyed one horned blue veined custard chucker.

:(

I miss catch up mandate.

Even if it was only one time.

We miss you too, sweetcheeks. Maybe we can get bubba to glue some carpet to his back and we can all pretend....

I actually feel a bit sick...

Probably best you dont order the scrambled eggs then.....

• 2 months later...

So, its about time we all got off our collective asses and did this again eh?

I am proposing the date of Friday the 13th of May, mostly because it will be my last day at my current position and I will feel justified in rocking up late, fat and happy :P

I am keen for same place/time (7am, Cafe Wotziname, Cloisters Arcade) but if anyone has anywhere else they would like to try, then run it up the flag pole and we will see who salutes eh?

As before, this is open to ALL, so feel free to come put some names to faces all you n00bs out there.

• 2 weeks later...

• Latest Posts

• Hi all,   other than coil overs - anyone running rear sway bars and other suspension upgrades?    what does everyone recommend to improve the car handling? How about control bar upgrades etc. photo from vspec performance.    thanks 
    • Def happens. Happened to mine too. Have pics to prove. Super picky, I noticed the OP slowly dropping.
    • I've never seen this on a factory built RB26 have the screws come out, or gears break for that fact. Only once someone has touched the motor have I heard / seen it.   I've seen a few factory built Rb25's shatter gears but we talking high mileage extreme beating at drift track, constant limiter for a full season.  Well outside what it was built for.
    • Over the moon in fact.  Engine is coming out to put on a new enlarged sump. I planned on putting on either a new pump(Tomei / Nitto) or billet gears.   But a bit of waste of time if the crank has narrow collar.   Things spiral quickly, if crank is out, new bearings ... maybe new rods and pistons ... wait just rebuild the engine... oh but I should get an N1 block  .... 40k later  .... haha.
    • I think he's just happy that the crank doesn't have to come out of the engine in order to have a good (read reliable) oil pump.