SAU Community

Vq35hr Conversion

well i canceled my engine order.brand new was 2100 usd lol. there is just NO aftermarket support. better off with a vq35hr. 7krpm i would sayfor the vk45. same as a vh45 except with titanium valves and vct and direct bucket valve system instead of rockers.

well i canceled my engine order.brand new was 2100 usd lol. there is just NO aftermarket support. better off with a vq35hr. 7krpm i would sayfor the vk45. same as a vh45 except with titanium valves and vct and direct bucket valve system instead of rockers.

Doesn't the vh45de have variable valve timing too?

Looks like it's going to be an awesome build mate, keep us posted!

Edited by Galois

it is my understanding that VQ35hrs out of 350zs do NOT have variable valve _LIFT_ but the VQ out of the 370z does (VQ37hr) and any other VQs that are hr from the new series. No idea why nissan called the old vq35hr that, it is very different to the VQ35de, but the valve lift is what makes HRs _THE BOMB_ in my book :). PS the new luxary infiniti M56 has a 5.6 litre V8 with valve lift.. get that one ;) VK56hr or something :).

Just to clarify, i'm not talking about variable valve timing, that shiz is old news.. if you haven't heard about variable valve lift look up BMW valvetronic.

Anyway I totally agree a v-configuration AWD gt-r is the go, especially an R32 ;). Even nissan mucked around with the idea before they released the R32! If I ever had to ditch the 26 in my 4-door i'd be going VQ30DET or VQ37HR :)

What about the VQ35HR's in the V36 Skylines? I have one in my V36 sedan. If you tell me what to look for I can poke around, but it's mostly covered up and I'm too mechanically retarded/lazy to get underneath it all :)

How about using a R32 front diff, cut it off the sump, a bit of milling and tapping here, maybe weld some lugs on, then make a bracket which holds it to the new engine or to the subframe. Just a thought.

well after staging up to 2am i rang the place in austin texas where im getting the engine from. found mr nice 11k old vq35hr AWD. out of a g35x infinity.

just finalising freight and a rwd 6 speed box to get it going.

post-19586-0-99058200-1303637218_thumb.jpg

Dave how do you think you will go with engine positioning in the bay?

The rb's diff is towards the front of the motor, the v6 being nearly half the length would have to sit a long way forward in the bay to keep the axles squarish

just getting it bolted in is the main challenge. i do predict some extreeme x member mods/removal. with engine mount brackets fabricated to the chassis rails. and a custom light weight steering rack x member.

lol. well the rwd sump is all of 130usd direct from infinity parts in usa. just so cheap for all that stuff. there are a few with bolt on turbos with stock internals running 6-10 pound making 500hp at wheels. (dyno dynamics) so the hp potential shits all over the good ol rb....

Reminds me of the JUN 350z-R..

Closing deck of VQ requires sleeves like darton MID sleeves like in pic in a post above, allows 100mm pistons :thumbsup:

increases displacment to 3.8Ltrs IIRC.

the sr20ve has a system similar to honda vtec. the new nissan ve or vvel is a wierd ass system with only the exhaust cam and a a very strage rocker/eccentric set up.

i do prefer the 35hr wich you can buy an number of differant cams for them.

if i was going to leave it stock then the 37 would be a great choice. but i would not be able to use the factory ecu to control it as its integrated into the whole car. ie: remove the radio and it wont start....

here is the skope of the vvel intake cam lift and is capable of an impressive 13mm lift factory

600_VVEL_structure.jpg

intake.jpg