SAU Community

Vq35hr Conversion

yeah, too wide. engine mounts are the easiest part.

gearbox is the problem. being a faily new motor there is nill in australia. ebay heaps. but no one wants to ship to australia.

yeah pics sucked. same camera used for the engine.... weird... cossie pistons. 8.8:1 comp. the rods are good. 480gms and rated to a conservative 200hp each. i wanted to get the wieghts close to stock to avoid and posible balance issues.

f**king gearbox shit.. if i could find a manufacturer that does custom reverse rotation front diff gears id just use my ppg..

If you were to use an r34 Getrag, how bad would the 3.3 ratio be, an r34 has 3.5:1, is heavier and has a 2.6 vs 3.5, then you may just be looking for a set of rear diff gears from the infinity to fit a the 32 rear.

yeah, too wide. engine mounts are the easiest part.

gearbox is the problem. being a faily new motor there is nill in australia. ebay heaps. but no one wants to ship to australia.

Google search for "usa australia freight" and you'll get heaps of results of companies that accept your mail (for a fee) then send it out of the country to you

• 2 weeks later...

i got to bead blasting the engine as all the acids i got didnt leave a nice finish.

inda glass bead. really small balls of glass. leave a nice satin finish with a light peening look.

i got some done tonight.

post-19586-0-09965800-1308301656_thumb.jpg

post-19586-0-59337500-1308301751_thumb.jpg

well the front diff is a 48:13 so 3.69:1 non turbo zed is 3.7 aswell. so the rear diff isnt an issue. just a gearbox.

i do need a hr auto bell housing wich is hard to find aswell. but brand new from us its 400aud + freight.

the ecu is a hurdle aswell. haltech rekon there ps 2000 will do i. (dont have the stock ecu no will i) but they have no idea about the "e-vtc" magnetic exhaust vtc cam. nor does link. i really want to use the variable exhaust timing as it will work really well with a turbo.

looking at "handbreaks" r35 build. my motor has identical engine mountings and front diff.

yeah nice sump. we got that exact kit on johns zed race car. the belt is quite loose to alow the odd rock thru without breaking the belt. on his motor (vq30dett) it pulls about 10" vacume.

• 4 weeks later...

i wish. out the front turning the drivway into a beach. then 2hrs of sweeping and scooping later...

not going awd. engine will have to be to far forward. mayby in the future when its all running and im sick of no traction..

i wish. out the front turning the drivway into a beach. then 2hrs of sweeping and scooping later...

not going awd. engine will have to be to far forward. mayby in the future when its all running and im sick of no traction..

Awwwwww boo:(