SAU Community

Garrett Oil Restrictor Size

just wanting to make sure about this...

i have done a few searches on here and net and found the garrett website has stated that garrett bb turbos require between 40 & 45 Psi oil at max revs

considering my rb25 has maybe 65 - 75 psi at 6500 ( im guessing as it hasnt even turned on for over 6 months now ) does this mean i should be using a 40 thou or 1mm oil restrictor in the an fitting for the turbo feed?

this is what garrett recomends for "common passenger vehicle" im am just curious if this includes RBs as it does not actually indicate how much a 1mm restrictor will reduce the oil pressure

im using an aftermarket feed line with earls fittings, the oil restrictor is seperate and is placed in the top of the fitting ontop of the turbo. i cant take a pic that is clear enough to show you cos its so small lol (its on a gt30)

thanks for all the replies

i have been looking around more on the web and found some guys in the US are using 30thou (0.75mm) restrictors with cars making about 60psi actual engine oil pressure at full revs.. so ill see how mine goes

i will measure the volume drained per minute any way once the motor is running but i just want to be sure with it..

thanks for all your help

most hks turbo kits come with a 0.8mm restrictor

at some point garret changed the restrictor inside the bearing retaining pin from 2 really small holes(prone to blocking up) to 1 larger one. its the single larger ones that tend to smoke abit.