SAU Community

Project Gtrb28 - Powertune Australia Built.

Here is my 2001 R34 GTR V-spec 2.

I've owned it for about a year and a half now. Its come a long way from since i bought it back in 09. The car use to have 350kw@wheels on the standard engine with tomei turbo's, v-cam, e85 etc. As usual, the power bug bites so i decided to have a big motor built. I chose Powertune Australia to build it because of the knowlegde and tech support they give when questioned. I've been to other workshops before but they didnt provide the extra edge/support i looked for in a workshop.

Engine :

Head -

Brian Crower custom Powertune spec cams

Brian Crower springs

Brian Crower valves

Brian Crower titanium retainers

Brian Crower adjustable cam gears

Powertune ported head

Block -

Brian Crower 2.8litre billet crank

Brian Crower rods

CP Pistons

Turbo -

Precision PT7175 Turbo (975HP)

2x Tial 38mm external wastegates

Powertune Exhaust manifold

Fuel System -

Powertune twin intank fuel pump kit

I.D. 2000cc injectors

Aeromotive fuel reg

Sard fuel rail

Misc -

Tomei oil pump

High Octane extended oil sump

Earls lines and fittings

Blitz air filter

ARC air separator

Greddy aluminium radiator

Greddy aluminium pulleys

Plazmaman drag intercooler

Mine's cam cover baffles

Garage Defend cf cooling panel

Kansai front strut brace

ARP head studs

Metal head gasket

ATI Balancer

Gates Racing timing belt

Haltech platinum pro sport ecu

Splitfire coilpacks

Optima dry cell battery

Transmission :

Standard Getrag 6 Speed

Ogura Quad plate clutch

Wheels :

Track - AME Tracer (grey) 18 x 10 +15 on Mickey Thompson ET Street radials

Street - TE37 (black) 19 x 9.5 +12 on Bridgstone Potenzas

Interior / Exterior :

Nismo MFD

Nismo B-pillar garnish

Nismo oil cap

Nismo gear knob

Nismo floor mats

Nismo 320kph cluster

Nismo GT tail lights

Bodyform copied nismo side skirts

Bodyform copied nismo rear pods

image0059o.jpg

image0038v.jpg

image0061rg.jpg

More pics of the build will be uploaded in the next few days.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The car got a run-in tune on 28/2/11. Drove it around town for 1000kms which wasnt too fun being restricted to 6000rpm.

Finally got it run in and lightly tuned on 1/3/11. we had trouble keeping it strapped to the dyno under boost. but here it is for now. will be upping it again soon. currently on 35psi. we needed 3ppl sitting in the boot and 2 ppl in the the car to keep the car partially down

image0097g.jpg

I drove the car to WSID on 2/3/11 the day after the 602kw tune. At the top of the track the car felt unstable at 230kph. So this morning i went to Heasman steering to get it checked out and this is how far off my wheel alignment settings were when i raced last night. Still running all the stock arms so camber still couldnt be taken out of the front or rear. but it goes straight now atleast. =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7a2kboctz0

image0108s.jpg

image0107o.jpg

image0109c.jpg

Powercruise 2011! 4/3/11 I drove it to the event on friday, saturday and sunday and ran around the track racing anything and everything that wanted to line up. The car has proven its reliable and able to crush v8's / tubbed / supercharged cars. Nothing broke down, nothing overheated. I was out there on nearly every chance i had. was a blast and very fun event. Not bad for a car thats just been completed. =)

awsome....any video of your beast at power cruz

What do you think those last videos were??? lol

A credit to all involved with this build, top shelf stuff!

Performed flawless all weekend, was great to watch.

Please tell me you let the capri win in the final? There was no doubt that the gtr had it the whole race, except that very slow change into third :)

That is one damm impressive beast you have there Anthony. Please please get some better photos up of the engine bay. It looks killer

lol, will do.

=)

awsome....any video of your beast at power cruz

those last ones are all from powercruise.

=)

What do you think those last videos were??? lol

A credit to all involved with this build, top shelf stuff!

Performed flawless all weekend, was great to watch.

Please tell me you let the capri win in the final? There was no doubt that the gtr had it the whole race, except that very slow change into third :)

thank u! lol.

yea from 2nd gear i smashed it into 5th missing 3rd. then i pulled it out of 5th and smashed it into 3rd. i had alot of airspace on him just before that happened. its all on the incar camera. hahahaha all good. was a fun event that i'd love to do again.

=)

WOW

big dollar spend GTR, that actually geting USED.... now this is rare and nothing is blowing up either :)

i looked at the videos, "you photos needs a bit of work mate"

and thought to my self god he must be running a Dog box or something and read

Transmission :

Standard Getrag 6 Speed

Ogura Quad plate clutch

how on earth does the standard Getrag keep up with this much POWER , "i must abuse mine a bit more now"

if you can build this car then you can get a guy to take some nice photos of that engine bay

WOW

big dollar spend GTR, that actually geting USED.... now this is rare and nothing is blowing up either :)

i looked at the videos, "you photos needs a bit of work mate"

and thought to my self god he must be running a Dog box or something and read

Transmission :

Standard Getrag 6 Speed

Ogura Quad plate clutch

how on earth does the standard Getrag keep up with this much POWER , "i must abuse mine a bit more now"

if you can build this car then you can get a guy to take some nice photos of that engine bay

lol, car isnt done yet so no use in taking high res pics.

Awesome work!! Must be a great feeling to have so much kw's rushing through the blood :) any plans for the box? Is it 3rd gear that u start to annihilate everyone or u actually get into fourth?? Lol

Awesome work!! Must be a great feeling to have so much kw's rushing through the blood :) any plans for the box? Is it 3rd gear that u start to annihilate everyone or u actually get into fourth?? Lol

yea, its about 3rd gear that i start passing. nah no plans for the box just yet. i think i gotta learn how to shift into 3rd a little slower and itll be ok,

=)