SAU Community

Project Gtrb28 - Powertune Australia Built.

nice engine build. I would definitely be looking at upgrading the suspension. it has lots of movement under power (to be expected with that much) but it also moves around a lot more than it should under brakes. if it's still got the stock gear in it there is a good chance it's stuffed by now. no need to go nuts but some upgraded shocks and springs will do wonders for it.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice engine build. I would definitely be looking at upgrading the suspension. it has lots of movement under power (to be expected with that much) but it also moves around a lot more than it should under brakes. if it's still got the stock gear in it there is a good chance it's stuffed by now. no need to go nuts but some upgraded shocks and springs will do wonders for it.

just upgraded the brakes to some endless pads.

=)

thanx guys

=)

great car make thing sounds unreal was great to watch in real life.. how were you taking off at the start? are you dumping it or just letting the power do its work

taking off on the 2step with 25psi at 6000rpm and playing with it off first gear.

=)

Great build ! and nice to see it being used like it is ment ;)

WOW

big dollar spend GTR, that actually geting USED.... now this is rare and nothing is blowing up either :)

i looked at the videos, "you photos needs a bit of work mate"

and thought to my self god he must be running a Dog box or something and read

Transmission :

Standard Getrag 6 Speed

Ogura Quad plate clutch

how on earth does the standard Getrag keep up with this much POWER , "i must abuse mine a bit more now"

if you can build this car then you can get a guy to take some nice photos of that engine bay

Why wouldnt the standard Getrag keep up with 800 whp ? isnt it the same V160/V161 as in the Supra ? and there are bunch of Supras with stock getrag gearboxes running 8 second 1/4 miles and with 1000-1500whp even the SW/ Boost logic supra has a stock V160 Getrag gearbox running 7.91 @ 189 mph in the 1/4 mile and cutting 1.26 60ft

sry for the offtopic op

Great build ! and nice to see it being used like it is ment ;)

Why wouldnt the standard Getrag keep up with 800 whp ? isnt it the same V160/V161 as in the Supra ? and there are bunch of Supras with stock getrag gearboxes running 8 second 1/4 miles and with 1000-1500whp even the SW/ Boost logic supra has a stock V160 Getrag gearbox running 7.91 @ 189 mph in the 1/4 mile and cutting 1.26 60ft

sry for the offtopic op

Shock loading from launching an AWD car, twists the gearbox casing causing the case to crack. A supra will get some wheel spin, and at least some wheel spin reduces torque twisting stresses. Flexing and cracking of the gearbox casing, and also flexing of internal thrust surfaces causes internal parts to go out of alignment when under load. Once that happens its all downhill from there.

Look up the RIPS BORG R33 GTR build on gtr.co.uk. They post up pictures of the carnage after a good launch destroys an r34 getrag that had a PPG gearset.

My mind still boggles at the thought that these supra drag cars are using "stock" gearboxes too. I think some people's interpertation of stock and others differ somewhat, and the only stock parts might well be the casing and a few bearings. Nobody that races cars that run 7's tells the world precicely how they did it.. so sure, its all stock!

Shock loading from launching an AWD car, twists the gearbox casing causing the case to crack. A supra will get some wheel spin, and at least some wheel spin reduces torque twisting stresses. Flexing and cracking of the gearbox casing, and also flexing of internal thrust surfaces causes internal parts to go out of alignment when under load. Once that happens its all downhill from there.

Look up the RIPS BORG R33 GTR build on gtr.co.uk. They post up pictures of the carnage after a good launch destroys an r34 getrag that had a PPG gearset.

My mind still boggles at the thought that these supra drag cars are using "stock" gearboxes too. I think some people's interpertation of stock and others differ somewhat, and the only stock parts might well be the casing and a few bearings. Nobody that races cars that run 7's tells the world precicely how they did it.. so sure, its all stock!

you talk of Supra getting some wheelspin ? but as i said they are cutting 1.25-1.40 60ft that means they are hooking pretty good ! and yes they all say that hey are using a completely stock from factory gearbox, only time ive seen a Supra split a gearbox casing was Saad´s Supra when he was running low 8´s

Btw here is the top list for 6 speed supra, all of them with a completely stock from factory getrag v160 gearbox / internals untouched

1. [email protected] SW/Boost Logic. 6 speed, 3.4L, BL GT55-91, NOS, AEM (highest mph 189.7)

2. 8.29@174 Saad N Saad Valero In The Zone, 6 speed, ProEFI, 55-91, 150shot

3. [email protected] Ryan Woon. WOTM 6 speed, 3.4L stroker, GT55-91, single fogger, 3330lbs

4. 8.38@174 Darin Dichiara 6-speed, 3300 lbs, GT47-88R, 3.0L + nitrous motec m600 28x10.5 ET drags

5. 8.41@ 179 Rich Homer 3.4, 47-88, direct port, motec, tilton http://www.youtube.c...h?v=yirVDXbUR5s

6. [email protected] SW/Chris Johnson/Boostlogic. 6 speed, 3.4L stroker, BL GT55-91 , 3650lbs

sry again for the off topic op

Edited by R32GTR/Iceland

All very impressive mate but that doesnt alter the fact that the gtr has an issue with the gertrag box.

For the few years i've been involved in the skyline scene its been common knowledge that there are issues when they are leaned on hard.

There is one down at Dan's workship as we speak with this very problem.

Do you know what the brian crower crank weighs? very meaty looking counterweights on it.

unsure, i knew i forgot to do something before it went in. lol