SAU Community

M35 Fuelcap Lid

AgeYo!

hey all,

So last night went to fill up the stag, and for the second time this month I was standing there looking like an idiot trying to open my fuel lid!

Just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem? Yes I had the car off and drivers door shut, just kept spamming unlock and it eventualy opened....

Cheers Adrian

it happened to me when i first got the car.

mine has to be pushed on the right side of the flap when you open it.

then it locked itself, and i thought i was going insane. some luck it hasn't done it again.

i would check the wires behind the lock. maybe they are not sheiled and waters shorting the lock out??

OK, this is going to sound pretty stupid. You've got a locking mechanism????

All I do is push the edge of the cover and it opens. There is no solenoid/lever/button or anything.

lol commsman, lock the car, then try opening it, and tell us what you has found :rofl:

Ahhh... see I've never tried that lol. I do know that there's nothing visible on the inside of the filler area, but I guess that doesn't mean it's not lockable in some other way.

Will have to try another day as 300km away from my car right now.

Ahhh... see I've never tried that lol. I do know that there's nothing visible on the inside of the filler area, but I guess that doesn't mean it's not lockable in some other way.

Will have to try another day as 300km away from my car right now.

There's a small tab with a hole on the inside, back edge of the fuel filler flap, and a pin pushes out from the fuel filler aperture, through the hole in the tab. Voila! Locked fuel flap when you lock the doors. A rather nice touch IMO.

There's a small tab with a hole on the inside, back edge of the fuel filler flap, and a pin pushes out from the fuel filler aperture, through the hole in the tab. Voila! Locked fuel flap when you lock the doors. A rather nice touch IMO.

Well, I'll be damned :O . I've never seen that bit of plastic before. Tried it & sure enough it locks. That's one of the things I love about these cars; always something new to learn :D

Lol same. Had to call northshore asking " where's the lever? I need fuel" they asked me if it was locked and just said " unlock car and push" felt Like a noob lol

Edited by whitestag

lol i remember i was at bp trying to open it the first time. half an hour and me being male refused to ask anyone.

my sister got out and just did it.. she had a v35 lol i felt stupid.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who had an awkward first time... As I pulled into the servo I was running my hand around under the seat etc & finding nothing. I pulled into a parking space rather than at the pump so I could pretend I wasn't looking for how to open the flap, lol. I had to call someone too.

I mean, on a car that has electric everything, who would guess you had to press the corner of the flap?

• 3 months later...

Ok so I'm having some dramas opening this flap as well, I cant get it unlocked! other than unlocking and locking the car has anyone got any suggestions how to pop the door? i fooled around for 15 mins at my local servo last night and drove off a bit frustrated.. esp as my fuel light is on!

thanks in advance

get in the boot.

drivers side cubby hole..

pull the whole compartment out(just pops out)

There is a stick like button in ther..

its white..

pull it as far as you can out(towards the back of the car)

This manually unlocks it.

then as normal push the left side of the fuel cap to open.

should get you by until you fix the electronics.

Ok so I'm having some dramas opening this flap as well, I cant get it unlocked! other than unlocking and locking the car has anyone got any suggestions how to pop the door? i fooled around for 15 mins at my local servo last night and drove off a bit frustrated.. esp as my fuel light is on!

thanks in advance

Unless I'm mistaking your predicament; You have to push on the leading edge (edge closest to door) of the flap to swing it open.

There's no spring loading or release mechanism; just a lock when the car is locked, if the car is unlocked you can open the flap.

Almost everyone has been caught out with this on the first fill.

Cheers, Dale.