SAU Community

R34 Head Unit

Grey

Chris, this unit has a DVD player in the boot which uses the xanavi Cd to use the Navigation unit.

Makes me wonder that if i replace the DVD player and buy a whole new in dash system with navi, i could prolly use the the same brackets / wiring and wont have to do whte whole thing over. agree?

it has a satellite thing that sits on the dashboard.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

WOW GUYS GUESS WHAT!?!? Just then on my drive, I turned the ignition, decided to press the open button (I do this everytime I go for a drive) and this time, the head unit opened!!!! It was amazing, it worked for about 2 minutes, the CD player too!! The CD player I left in there it went off for sure!! I heard a subwoofer at the back which I didn't know if it still worked, maxed out the speakers for those 2 minutes, then all of a sudden, it went dead, nothing displayed on the screen and the CD player didnt work anymore... WHY is this so? Connection problems? Should I take it apart and rewire the connections!?

more photos for my system

i was thinking of getting something like this done. though im not sure who around tiny geelong would. Probably JB hi-fi, but i don't want to go ask for a quote till i have the dosh ready.

http://www.youtube.com/user/mightycarmods#p/search/6/lTuMWxzrMHE

If any of you have any links to good cheap systems / know anywhere around this side of melbourne / vic that would do stuff like this pls let me know.

thanks

post-83391-0-35023400-1301272613_thumb.jpg

post-83391-0-86402300-1301272639_thumb.jpg

post-83391-0-40844000-1301272665_thumb.jpg

post-83391-0-95359200-1301272701_thumb.jpg

post-83391-0-87928800-1301272714_thumb.jpg

JVC's KW-AVX836N is available in geelong. Thinking i might take it to a professional who thinks its a small job to change over. will set me back 1200 dollars, but seems worth it.

If you need a replacement of those units in your dash, I've got the lot for sale lol.

It's from a R34 GTR, but I think it should be exactly the same? Also have a boot carpet with a factory CD stacker, and lastly a din pocket with lid lol.

another question

I was watching Top gear (s01e04) where they review R34's. They show that the screen in car shows the onboard computer logistics as they drive. is this possible for all r34's or whats the deal?

another question

I was watching Top gear (s01e04) where they review R34's. They show that the screen in car shows the onboard computer logistics as they drive. is this possible for all r34's or whats the deal?

Yup, it's definitely possible, many people have that conversion.

Turbo or NA, both works, it's just that if you put it into an NA, it will only show throttle, rev light, oil temp, injectors, voltage.

But a MFD (multi function display) is costly, can cost anywhere between $600-$1000. I just sold one without looms for $600.

Here's a pic of my R34 GTT interior.

photorc.jpg

I have the same setup as grey in my skyline, is it possible to just change the pop up screen to like a GPS or something.. i also went to JB HI-FI and they said they can change the head unit and put a new frame and that for just over a $100 is that worth it ?

gotta love these people that think cheap is the way to go. its not. to do it correctly it is a AC controller swap,panel swap and then a screen swap.

that screen is data driven and has to see data from the navi system first BEFORE it will fire up. without the navi system its just about useless.

I have one to do on thursday and I will post a few pics up on the shop facebook page.

gotta love these people that think cheap is the way to go. its not. to do it correctly it is a AC controller swap,panel swap and then a screen swap.

that screen is data driven and has to see data from the navi system first BEFORE it will fire up. without the navi system its just about useless.

I have one to do on thursday and I will post a few pics up on the shop facebook page.

i dont really care about the screen or nav system that came with it, was just wondering if i got rid of whats in there already could i replace it with something else