Grey

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

2000 dollars? Err thanks but no thanks lol thats way over my price limit, might just get some generic head-unit installed for a couple of hundred, thanks!

Hey Grey try this head unit & you get everything with it even a reversing camera input & I purchased just a few week ago but I haven't quite finshed putting it mine yet but it's all you'll need in one Head-unit & they help you out at every turn it theres any problems including Australia Post coz the first one I got in the mail had a smashed touchscreen so I contacted them plus emailed them pictures of all the damage, sent the damage one back to which they sent me a brand new updated version of that model that was better than the first on, now that's a great seller on Ebay.... at:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/7-CAR-DVD-RMVB-HD-PLAYER-STEREO-DVB-T-DUAL-ANTENNA-GPS-/230613947402?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35b1a9940a

post-46403-0-99332800-1314895241_thumb.jpg

post-46403-0-64536100-1314895290_thumb.jpg

post-46403-0-04083900-1314895318_thumb.jpg

post-46403-0-30795700-1314895354_thumb.jpg

post-46403-0-59097600-1314895417_thumb.jpg

post-46403-0-70922100-1314895463_thumb.jpg

post-46403-0-62108000-1314895588_thumb.jpg

post-46403-0-19586500-1314895817_thumb.jpg

post-46403-0-96436500-1314895868_thumb.jpg

post-46403-0-59952700-1314895905_thumb.jpg

I have pulled a couple of those back out. somthing to do with the screen not dropping down.

eblow radios from china

no support in most cases

not to mention, old map data , expired maps trial version only, low volume output on deck power, noisy motorized faces, data cards that pop out and jam the motors in the face. trim rings that dont fit the skyline or the radio. digtital tv antennnas and GPS antenna marked backwards on the rear , horrible screen graphics, wiring directions vague at best , hidden features not in the manual, piss week EQ, settings, some are only .5 volt output not 2-8 volt out on the RCA lines which is really low for input on amplifiers these days, the signal will clip quickly , and having to reset the unit a few times a month for no reason, which clears everything settings wise, including the digtial TV stations. or units reverting back to production settings in chinese

dont buy radios from USA either, voided warranties, and most GPS, digital tv functions wont work here. no maps either. lots of refrubished units are out there cheap in usa so caveat emptor, buyer beware

dont do it. !!!

for those that keep sending me messages about the pop up screen I used a few pages back - please stop. those were bought as a closeout from china and are no longer available,. if yours DOES NOT work remove it and put the stock gauges up there OR a GTR MFD.

for those that keep sending me messages about the pop up screen I used a few pages back - please stop. those were bought as a closeout from china and are no longer available,. if yours DOES NOT work remove it and put the stock gauges up there OR a GTR MFD.

I have a working one , sitting in my shed..lol

and those who can't use search this topic has been rehashed about a thousand times, maybe we could place a sticky on the one with the detailed info ?

• 7 years later...
On 3/15/2011 at 11:49 PM, Chris Rogers said:

chassis number please :)

R34 GTV had that option.

I can sort the lot out - it will be a full strip and refit. I have a customer with the SAME car that I have a pile of gear sitting at shop the for.

so:

new screen

radio (plays DVDs)

AC controls/ radio panel

NAVI unit.

that will get it doing what it was meant to do. only thing I DID NOT do with his was TV and a reverse camera.

thats almost on the wrong side of $2k for the bits I listed.

and yes I can refer you to a shop in MLB that CAN do the lot.

This is a very late reply :P Just got a r34 and having all the same issues, Is MLB melbourne? as I'm  in Melbourne  and would love it fixed :)

the issue you have is age. the parts that I used to build that one in 2011 are long since extinct. as for getting that one going. easier to shell out for a MFD and integrate that in to the dash.

I am actually out of the game now and doing something entirely different. the shop in MLB is no longer around.