SAU Community

Aeromotive 340Lph And Deatchwerks 300+Lph In Tank Fuel Pumps

anyone here running these ? saw them on evolutionm.net and Supraforums.

just wondering what is needed to drop one in a R32 GT-R

$165.00 USD shipped it says on the site(awdmotorsports), probably talking about the US but seems like a good price for the Aeromotive

Application guide can be found here for the Aeromotive:Drop in for bunch of cars but doesnt say Skyline though ;/

http://static.speedu..._2_appguide.pdf

The aeromotive 340l/ph fuel pump is a mirror image of the walbro 255l/ph. What that means is the pulls (+/-) are reversed. If you're going to install this you will need to swap the pins on the fuel pump jumper harness so it goes to the wiring harness in the proper polarity.

$169.00 USD here

Aeromotive 340LPH IN-TANK Pump - TopSpeed Inc. Store

340hppump.jpg

The Aeromotive 340 Stealth Fuel Pump is a high-output, in-tank, electric fuel pump that fits most popular EFI applications. The Aeromotive 340 is a compact, lightweight pump that bolts into most existing hanger assemblies. (to find your vehicle, see the applications guide below)

What sets the 340 Stealth Pump apart is its superior flow throughout a wide pressure range. Compared to a typical 255 lph pump at 40 psi, the 340 boasts 340 lph at the same pressure. Over 30% more flow. This pump is ideal for applications requiring more flow while retaining the factory lines and mounting provisions available in the Original Equipment (O.E.) configuration. The 340 is also perfect for use as a universal replacement for applications that require more flow to support forced air power adders such as turbo and supercharged applications.

• P/N 11140 is the same configuration as the GSS340

• Fits most vehicles where a 255 lph is applicable.

• Center Inlet

• Designed for in-tank use only

• Can be used in Carbureted or EFI applications

• Turbine pump mechanism increases durability and can be used in pulse modulated applications.

These include the Filter kit and everything below..

Includes Pump & All Drop Parts:

• Pump

• Filter

• Wiring Pigtail

• Rubber Hose

• (2) Clamps

• Rubber Grommet

Deatschwerks 300+ lph pump seems to flow about the same and costs also $169.00 USD

Click the link to see more info and what cars its direct drop in

DeatschWerks.com | 300+ LPH High Flow In-Tank Fuel Pump | Fuel Pumps | DeatschWerks

Side by side on paper the Aeromotive and DW300 look almost identical. At 90 psi fuel pressure both seem to pump out 200LPH. According to deatschwerks this pump gains significant flow from higher voltage.

Outflow the Competition.

Introducing the highest flowing in-tank pump yet. Surpassing the competition 300LPH at a time.

• Flows 300+ litres per hour
  • In-tank application specific fitment
  • Ethanol compatible
  • 3-year no-fault warranty
  • Quiet and reliable turbine impeller

Universal pump kit includes:

• 2"x2" sock
  • Electrical connector
  • 4" of fuel line
  • Miscellaneous hardware

RK23300lphin-tankpump-1-1.jpg

DW301MarketingTechData2.jpg

well they are not quite as good as you might think. looking at the first one yes it flows 325L/ph but only at 40psi. BASE fuel pressure in a skyline is 3bar = 43.5psi. add the average 20psi boost to that and you get 63psi, call it 65psi. at 65psi it flows approximately 275L/ph and note that's at 13.5V. at 12V (which most pumps get if lucky) it will be quite a bit less. that is less flow than a nismo drop in pump which have been found to easily flow their rated 276L/ph even at 12V and with normal operating pressure around 60psi. 275L/ph is enough to supply only 750cci injectors safely. so the first pump is good for 750cc injectors or around 700hp.

the deatchwerks pump is about the same. at 13.5V (again a bit optimistic for most cars) and 65psi it flows something like 270L/ph. again enough to supply 700-750cc injectors and support around 750hp. if you're going to use one you need to either test what voltage your pump supply is getting, and if not enough you'll need to do a direct power feed to the pump to get it some more juice.

anyway, they look ok overall i guess and are built to a price. still for piece of mind in my own car if I needed to supply some 700cc injectors there is only 1 pump choice for me. nismo (or sard/tomei they are the same). the 3 year warranty is nice on the deatchwerks pump and aeromotive do make good products but for a skyline with solid, reliable bolt in options like nismo that is what I chose.

I looked into these when i was doing my e85 conversion.

but like BeerBaron said with the base fuel pressure being over 40psi i was going to run 25psi of boost pushing fuel pressure to over 65psi.

i have 1000cc injectors on e85 so it needs quite a bit of fuel flow.

i went the twin walbro pumps mounted in tank, running a second fuel line down the car and merging into a single -8 feed into the rail i think from memory?

i dont get any issues with flow running two fuel pumps.

I've also had them setup to a direct feed from the battery so they get full voltage.

Thanks for the reply BeerBaron ;)

I looked into these when i was doing my e85 conversion.

but like BeerBaron said with the base fuel pressure being over 40psi i was going to run 25psi of boost pushing fuel pressure to over 65psi.

i have 1000cc injectors on e85 so it needs quite a bit of fuel flow.

i went the twin walbro pumps mounted in tank, running a second fuel line down the car and merging into a single -8 feed into the rail i think from memory?

i dont get any issues with flow running two fuel pumps.

I've also had them setup to a direct feed from the battery so they get full voltage.

Yeah i was just looking for some more info on them since they are a lot cheaper then say Nismo etc and Deatschwerks come with 3 year warranty which is nice

saw this posted over on Supraforums by Mario @ Titan Motorsports

This is his personal Supra with 3x Aeromotive pumps on E85

The car just made 1152WHP on the pumps, stock alternator, stock wring, and plenty of room to make more power. I think this will be good for 1250whp on e85 and probably 1400whp on gasoline. Base fuel pressure was 45psi and the injectors were precisions 225lb/hr
base fuel pressure was 45psi, running e85 out of the pump, and there is plenty of room for more power, unfortunately we reached the limits of my turbo. These pumps do what they advertise 100%. Also note that i'm running a stock TT alternator, stock wires, and dual electric fans.
The flow bench data on the hanger proves they flow more than walbros, people are maxing out walbros @ 1150 on gasoline with similar setups. there is no doub't this pumps flow more in the bench and the real world than the walbros. You can make the case on the densos, as they are closer in flow capabilities to the aeromotives, but then you also have to take into account the densors are much louder, bulkier and draw more electricity.

one more quote that was posted on Supraforums 570 whp with a single 340 on E85 with room for more sounds pretty good given that E85 needs about ~30% more fuel

I'm liking my Aero 340, mine is wired direct to battery power and with 800cc sidefeeds I hit ~570 rwhp on E85 using a single 340 pump and was still maintaining fuel pressure at this level. Didn't think this would be possible on E85 since it needs 25-30% more fuel, but we did it and would've turned boost up more but clutch would not have been able to hang.