SAU Community

Time for NA Power, the wait is over.....

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hopefully by the end of this year start of next, then we'll be talking fast. apparently the engine has something like 600nm's stock , with a blower OMG!!! that would be stupid, and im just the young stupid guy to do it!!!

good work NA_33 !

just a quick word on half cuts... (just finished a turbo conversion in my little Bro's L Series Subaru)

Check how long its being sitting around, coz the radiators tend corrode when empty - get it thoroughly flushed.Do the same with the water pump - there buggers to get out once the engines in.

just a couple of things i found out thrpugh experience - blocked water galleries in the block - pains in the a** to flush out !

best of luck anyway :)

hahahaha, yeah true!!

New Update:

The engine is now out of the halfcut and we discovered a broken timing chain guide so that has slowed things up abit but apart from that the engine internally looks awesome, never been to hot or run out of oil and all parts have minimal where its unreal. Tomorrow ill pulling the engine out of my car and trial fitting the V8 and making engine mounts so it all seems to be coming together, ill try get some pics together.

Cheers

John

hopefully by the end of this year start of next, then we'll be talking fast. apparently the engine has something like 600nm's stock , with a blower OMG!!! that would be stupid, and im just the young stupid guy to do it!!!

Is that R33 with audio install as pictured yours?:) if so have you gat any pictures of it in a build process? :wavey:

Is the R33 with audio install as pictured yours?:) if so have you got any pictures of it in a build process? :wavey:

yeah mate thats my install which is now all chopped up, and no i dont have ne in the build process other then that one, that was the unfinished state. Ive got pics of the build process for the new install. Pm me if you want details on how i built the one in my avatar, the best way would be to meet up some time and explain it to you, its kinda of hard to describe.

Genesis: If i wasnt at uni i would say almost definately, but it will be very tight mate, we'll see.

Update:

Ive done some more research and found a site with approx 600 posts with the same problem though everyone of these people had the timing chain jump teeth on the cam sprokets causing complete engine failure. So i have been very lucky with the engine and very lucky we found the problem and this website. Nissan rectified the problem in 94 with different tensioners so i now have a 10 day wait for the parts to come from Japan. I also managed to talk southport nissan into letting me see the wiring diagram for the car they generally dont show neone from the public nething like this.

Cheers

John

hahaha, im never gonna here the end of this auto, i want to put a manual in, my mechanic, good friend, person doing majority of the conversion for me for free (all the same person) is very very persuasive, and "hi powered autos are awesome for drag racing, ur leaving it auto John" is what im told and thats how its gonna be.