SAU Community

Time for NA Power, the wait is over.....

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

im just about completed the conversion of my rb30 with rb25de n/a head .

my local auto elect said it would have been much easier wiring a nissan v8 . dont know how true that is , but he said wiring up to the rb25de puter was too hard for him . sent car elsewhere and its nearly done . i kind of wish i had gone the VH45DE way too .

Cheers for the reply's guys. Yes there are definately plans for a supercharger, i just have to recover financially from this to start with though, im a uni student working part time so money is reasonably tight. I managed to talk the wiring diagrams out of nissan but they wouldnt let us photocopy it, so we spent about an hour at southport nissan (Infinity dealer in '93) copying diagrams and taking lots of photo's. Wiring it self isnt that complicated fairly similar to the 25de/t, just knowing what everything does makes it much easier. I found out today that the parts im after have been dicontinued in Japan so im now im shopping in america trying to source the parts.

Costs as follows:

Half Cut: 2850 (could possibly be sourced cheaper with more time)

Labour: 0 (My friend who is a mechanic is doing everything i cant do for me including exaust)

Engineering: 0 (Also being done by a friend of my mechanic.

2 2 1/2' Cannons Approx 300.

New Cam chain tensioners: 150

Drive Shaft: Approx 500

Second 2 1/2" cat 90

Total: 3890

Price of 25det half cut 4500.

Though Scotty (my mechanic says most people would charge newhere between 2500-4500 to do everything)

A little ontopic or maybe off topic depending on how you look at it:

Are you use the whole Infinity loom or are you going to splice into the standard 33 loom?

Is not a cheap conversion, even when you know things by the looks of things - but hey, the price of doing something differnet is worth it! Will be good to see the rumble from it.

Thats what were gonna work out, personally id prefer to spend more time and splice into the 33 dach loom so i dont have to re wire the alarm, stereo, guages and the rest, though it looks like it may be easier to just use the whole loom from the half cut at the moment, ill let u know as soon as the decision is made.

Costs as follows:

Half Cut: 2850 (could possibly be sourced cheaper with more time)

Labour: 0 (My friend who is a mechanic is doing everything i cant do for me including exaust)

Engineering: 0 (Also being done by a friend of my mechanic.

2 2 1/2' Cannons Approx 300.

New Cam chain tensioners: 150

Drive Shaft: Approx 500

Second 2 1/2" cat 90

Total: 3890

Price of 25det half cut 4500.

Though Scotty (my mechanic says most people would charge newhere between 2500-4500 to do everything)

seems about right, i was charged around 2500 for my work and i was completely happy with that, i was expecting more

It'd probably be better to splice into the 33 loom, everything is already in place and the right length etc etc. If you know what wires are what, then it would be the best route.

IMHO wiring up the climate control and other features would be a pain using the half-cut loom.

Dan

ill say from experience that replacing the whole loom is easier PROVIDED its from the same, or at least similar, car. if you've got both wiring diagrams though, dans spot on - climate control alone would be enought to send me loopy ! :headspin:

ok, well i havent been to bed yet but in the ealry ours of the monring and many international phone calls i managed to get some parts sent from an infinity deal in calafornia, they should be here on tuesday so after that its full steam ahead, as for wiring alot of the plugs match the stuff in my car, theres just more of them from the infinity, the actualy plug that goes into the ecu is exactly the same as my original ecu just with a few more wires (obviously so we'll see how we go).

Thats what were gonna work out, personally id prefer to spend more time and splice into the 33 dach loom so i dont have to re wire the alarm, stereo, guages and the rest, though it looks like it may be easier to just use the whole loom from the half cut at the moment, ill let u know as soon as the decision is made.

Just to clarify, you have a ecu with its own loom which runs into the engine bay to run said engine, and seperate looms for the aircon, radio, ignition and so on. So why would you need to worry about the stereo and such for just a engine loom? I've a changed few no problems? Unplug from ecu, pull through inner wing, into engine bay, reinstall new loom, bolt in new ecu, no problem? Sure it was between RB's, but same princable... I'm overlooking something obviously?

Depending on what the infini auto puts out for the speed signal your speedo will need to be adjusted (theres jumpers on the back for that) but little else I would imagine...

Yes in theory that is correct, but we are going to be using the infinity cluster, as the auto computer reads the signal from the guages, which also goes to the engine ecu, there for it will have no choice but to use the infinity dash loom, or a hi bred of both depending on how easy the infinity dash loom will make things like hazzards, aircon and the rest from the 33 work.