SAU Community

Time for NA Power, the wait is over.....

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey all,

Well today we made some serious progress, rb25 was out by lunch time and we began stripping the engine bay of all the un needed items and took out the ecu and engine loom, We then needed to modify the steering rack to clear the started motor for the v8, put the engine back in and now the Vh45De is resting quite happily in my car, rear cross member bolted up with a little modifacations and now fabrication wise all that is left is engine mounts and various lines (power steering (still unsure if it will have it) water lines and having aircon is look grim. But other then that the engine sits a little high in the engine bay so we may need to look at a custom bonnet with some sort of buldge/scoop or modifying the current one.

RNS11Z: Thanks mate, yeah for that run the car had an SAFC ii, extractors full exaust, modified intake with k n n panel filter, turbo lsd diff and a 75 hp shot of happy gas and one talented mofo driving.

DAY 2 Of serious work:

Well today we made the engine mounts and modified the rear cross member, the engine was then bolted in the car for hopfully the last time, the car was also modified to accept the infinity radiator and the luxury of AC is no longer an option, which is not a problem as all of this summer just past the AC was broken so i dont think ill miss it too much, tomorrow we will finish of the fabrication side of things and bring the car home to start on the wiring, tuesday morning i will go order the drive shaft and when the wiring is complete it will make the trip to the exaust shop.

Cheers

John

• 2 weeks later...

sounds like a great conversion good to hear it fits there is a silvia in wa with one fitted rumour has it the patrol manual gear box fits. getting the auto to work will be a head ache keep us posted good luck with it I'm glad there is another loony in the world who does strange conversions.

meggala

Hey dude sorry i havent kept this updated, but yeah the car is complete. We basically traced all the needed plugs out of the old loom for dash, gearbox, alternator etc. The car is awesome, i heard about the silvia in victoria with the 4.1 ltr version, good luck getting the 4.5 (mine) in a silvia its tight as between the rails in my car. Speedo is way out but were gonna see if the auto skyline geardrive thingo's fit in my gearbox cause i believe a turbo skyline diff 4.11 and the infinity are 3.2 i think or maybe even taller. Car sounds awesome and geez it turns some heads. Auto gearbox is awesome, heaps better then we expected, better for drag racing and general cruising too which is really what i want it to do now.

Ummm cant link pics from the gallery so just check my gallery to see pics.

cheers

John

forgot to mention, the thing f'ckn hammers!! id take it down to willowbank tomorrow night if i didnt have so much uni stuff to do.

I drove this car the other night. Revs right out to the rev limiter in 2nd, with the gear stick in D. Revs a lot higher than i was expecting. Sounds brilliant, very good traction off the line, and even punching out of T intersections. The steering is all f*cked up, but its good fun to drive. Auto better than I thought it would be. Good fun.

I don't believe the neighbours enjoyed it as much as us. 10pm + idiots in a V8 at high revs with an nice exhaust.

I am going to officially nominate John for Australian of the Year. When confronted with the question of how to make his Skyline faster, he did the most Australian thing possible. " Stick a V8 in it mate!" And an auto one at that.

As if it wasnt wierd enough seeing a V8 in the engine bay, the runners/plenum make it look like an FWD configuration.

just add brakes, and this'll be a wicked car.

Hahahaha, awesome Paul glad u enjoyed it! I had it at a dyno day today and it managed to get a best of 233.6rwhp which i thought wasnt too shabby, suspect the dyno may be reading a little low though as i also took my mechanics ute there which usually gets around 400 atw and only managed 348, heat could have played a major factor though, either way im super impressed with the results, next trip is to willowbank on wed to see what all this translates too.

Cheers

John