SAU Community

Time for NA Power, the wait is over.....

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hahahaha, awesome Paul glad u enjoyed it! I had it at a dyno day today and it managed to get a best of 233.6rwhp which i thought wasnt too shabby, suspect the dyno may be reading a little low though as i also took my mechanics ute there which usually gets around 400 atw and only managed 348, heat could have played a major factor though, either way im super impressed with the results, next trip is to willowbank on wed to see what all this translates too.

Cheers

John

Hey, well done John, it seems the conversion was well worth it, got any further plans for it? :headspin:

h8t_copsr32 : hey dude, there is no such thing as an inline or "straight" "v8" the "v" means that half the pistions are opposed by some sort of angle, i cant think of the right words to describe it, and neway 4 pistons on the top of one side of the V and the other 4 on the other side. I dont know neone who will be able to do the wiring for you fitment of the engine isnt that hard, getting hold of wiring diagrams for it is, and finding someone who can wire up the auto without the diagrams, even auto electricians will find it hard if not impossible.

sock: yes it has big plans mate, first on the list though is brakes, then i am deffering from uni for the second half of this year to work my arse off, for aftermarket managment and a supercharger. in the meantime i will try talk my dad into letting me put my nitrous system back in the car.

What kind of brakes are you upgrading too? Brembo's?

You deserve every minute of your R33 V8, oh a Nitrous System would help greatly on the drag strip.

Well done on the conversion, nice to see a few more jap V8's getting around. My friend over here in WA has just finished his V8 VH41DE Silvia conversion and its a fantastic car. Sounds and performs great.

He had a bit more trouble than you no doubt having to squeeze it in a smaller bay. He had to stick to the standard headers because theres only a matter of a couple of cm's between the headers and the chassis members! But overall a helluva lot more fun than the CA18DET it used to have bolted in it :)

Great work!

Red17

Cheers, yeah no we couldnt stay with standard headers they simply wouldnt fir between the 33's rails, we had to make new ones that had a sharper turndown straight off the ports to gain extra clearance.

Brakes are gonna stay stocko for the time being i have run out of cash and now have a mountain run under my belt with the stocko brakes and bendix pads and they showed no sine of fade so other things are going to take priority.

60ft time was 2.116, off the line the car is appauling, the stall point is way to low, i bring the revs up ne higher then 1500 and it will sit on the line rotating the rear tyres slowly. I talked to my mechanic and next on the list is a stall convertor, he said i have the mph and hp if i can get it off the line and get a stall convertor i should be able to acheive low 13's high 12's so thats next on the list. After i get the best possible time out of it i will add the gas and see how she goes.

sweet job on the conversion John i cant wait to see it in the flesh...err.... metal.....

just thought id add there is such a thing as a inline8 or straight 8 as they are caled... they were in the ultra oldschool buicks and some chevys i think..... ive seen a straight 8 out of a buick anyway... looks weird as lol..... hook up the gas and watch the times tumble... :)

Awesome conversion mate.I just bought me mum a nissan infiniti and this thing flys for a luxury car.Same thing you found is that it needs to stall more in order to get off the line better.Anyhows im after all your left over infiniti stuff so please let me know if you have anything left or want to get rid of ie. ashtray and xenon headlights panels etc if it has them

Cheers Adrian

hey mate, if you had done this last year i couldve helped you out with the high stall convertor...i used to work at MELVA on Moss St, they do a pretty good job there aye, you should pop in n see em...

Not for the car itself, but ive had very very bad luck with the body kit and im sick of it, im getting a new front bar so it looks good again, get it in a magazine (my goal before i started and once thats done i will have achieved most of what i set out to do when i bought the car. If I keep it it has big plans but im just evaluating wether or not its justifiable spending anymore money on it.

• 3 weeks later...