SAU Community

Nissan Mechanic In Goldcoast

• 2 weeks later...

I know someone at Tweed if that isn't too far for you. Chris at Doug Maurer Motor Repairs - he's very thorough and has dealt with a lot of imports, etc.

I know someone at Tweed if that isn't too far for you. Chris at Doug Maurer Motor Repairs - he's very thorough and has dealt with a lot of imports, etc.

Thanks everyone.

I figured out what it was.

The knock i thought i heard was normal, i just never listen to it before :/

Oh and you should check you #6 spark plug cylinder as mine had a bit of oil... Now i gotta take valve cover off and re-seal !

Also maybe a good idea to install a oil catcher

http://www.infinitifx.org/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=802

http://g35driver.com/forums/engine-drivetrain-forced-induction/97390-makeshift-oil-catch-can.html

• 5 years later...

I'm bringing this post back from the dead since no ones likes multiple threads asking the same question.

Looking at picking up a stagea, and I need someone to go over this car and find everything that's wrong with it. Hidden rust, gauge age of timing belt, look at suspension bushings, leak down test on the motor, etc. A full comprehensive inspection.
I've seen the exterior of the car, and it is not mint. Makes me hesitant to believe that it runs "mint"as the current owner says.

I'm located in Currumbin, but the car is in Tweed. Apparently it has rego until december, so traveling to a shop shouldn't be an issue. What are your guys' suggestions? Shops that have employees who own stageas take the first spot, obviously.

You could try EFI Redline or Rolin Imports at Burleigh Heads, Or further up there's EFI Performance at Southport and AutoTech at Labrador. They would be my pick to check a car out. I would do a 100k/timing belt service regardless for peace of mind.

the car has 250,000k on it. It'll require more than just a timing belt haha.

Thanks for the info though! I'll be sure to check those places out and see what they charge!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...