SAU Community

Mongoose M60: Disable Ignition Safety Lock

89CAL

Hi

Could never quite work out why my car locked after turning it on sometimes but not others, finally got around to looking in the book for my alarm and discovered that the alarm does this after 3 seconds of ignition on unless the door remains open

I would like to hopefully disable this feature, but the book doesnt say how, just says to get your alarm installer to do this.

Can anyone help me out with this? It is the ignition safety lock feature on a mongoose M60 series, probably around 2006 model or so, but not 100% on this as it came with the car

Thanks

Callan

they have a install guide on the mongoose website.

http://mongoose.com.au/media/229903/60series.pdf

that should be yours.

programming is not in there. mongoose removed all of that to stop people playing with things they should not be playing with.

now:

disarm alarm , open door. within 15 sec cycle the key from on to off 4 times , lights will flash 4 times to verify program mode. press the smaller button. siren will chirp twice . you are done. wait for the alarm to exit programming and you are finished.

• 4 weeks later...

Have a problem now. Rather then creating a new thread I'll post it here. Hopefully someone can help

All of a sudden my car unlocks with the remote but doesn't unlock. It still imobilises but doesn't lock :S. I can hear a noise from behind the dash somewhere (sounds like it's behind the cluster) when it try's to unlock

Thanks in advance. Hopefully someone can help