SAU Community

Lambchop With A Renault Axis Here...

WAGON_BOY

Hello everyone,

Bought my 2002 Stagea AXIS a week ago, very happy with it so far!!!

Thought i'd jump on here and meet others and hopefully learn more about the car itself.

first mod that comes to mind is fitting an Apexi turbo timer, seeing even a 2 minute drive up the road to the shops driving it sensibly (under 3000rpm) and letting it idle for 30sec's before i turned it off still made it unhappy on startup.

on the longer drives its alright i try and keep it of boost before i get there and let it idle for around 3mins and its alright, but i feel its going to piss me off waiting on every little trip........ and this way the motor will alway be protected.

i'll put up some pic's of her but she's just the normal stock silver axis.

cheers, LAMBCHOPS.

Welcome, hope you enjoy your stay. What state you located?

There is plenty of info here about mods and options and power, susp, brakes etc etc

If you have a question, check out a search first, it might have been covered before- if not post away!

if you are only doing normal driving a few seconds is good enough , i fitted a t/timer to my S2 and dont use it now as it affects the A/T light and airbag , i prefer to do it properly now.

just updated my profile, im in western sydney...... ive already spotted another M35 in my area :)

was hallarious the 2nd day of having the car a guy comes up to me at the servo and asks if its a volvo...... (yes ive read all the storries on here) i just pissed myself laughing cos it only took 2 days.

the plugs are fine, car was serviced when i got it.

it starts fine other than when i think i havent let it cool enough before shutting it off.

havent got any pic's of it yet other than the ones i took off carsales..

no goodies on it that i know of...... which i reakon is a good thing.

the mod's im considering so far is:

BMC air filter, fit an oil temp guage and pressure guage, and a cat back exhaust.

cant even hear the exhaust note over the turbo whine LOL :(

nice i wish i bought an AXIS lol.

oh i have a dump back exhaust im trying to sell that bolts right up to the stock dump? whistling.gif

i wouldnt have bought anything other than an axis the others look like dog's balls LOL plus the extra's are awesome.

to bad your interstate, altho the axis is 206KW so that exhaust probly wont help me much aye

Haha, more like 130awkw though, we don't measure at the engine... :whistling:

I think the AXIS looks like balls, thats exactly why I went the AERO. :)

Exactly what I think & did, although I wouldn't like to criticise another man's car (out loud). As long as your happy witth your choice, that's all that matters.

As far as the list of goodies goes, some of the other models can come optioned up pretty well. Mine is an RS and, besides the Aero body kit, has leather electric seats, dual sunroofs, TV, tilt down mirrors, alarm/central locking, & probably other stuff I've forgotten. And because it didn't come with the fully integrated dash, can easily accomodate aftermarket GPS/DVD/bluetooth/Ipod etc device.

I'm not too sure actually what's left besides a LSD & heated seats (yuck... :yucky: )

Heated seats are damn good in winter. But on several occasions I've bumped the switch without realising it and my balls gets toasted..

yeah i just went on a 4day weekend with the boys and they thought it'd be funny everytime i wasnt looking to hit the seat warmers FFS might have to disable them.......... they're really not neccessary.

Exactly what I think & did, although I wouldn't like to criticise another man's car (out loud). As long as your happy witth your choice, that's all that matters.

well to clear it up alittle, its the noncolour coded bars etc and the subaru outback stance, it just looked better with the 18's and the flaired wheel arches.

mind you i do have to say altho the grill and front bar match with the wheels i must say the front is the ugliest side to look at.

but in saying that im not gonna waste 1000's on replacing the front with a R35 for the sheer dollar facter and besides it would take all the fun out of the car by being to recogniseable HAHA