SAU Community

Lambchop With A Renault Axis Here...

WAGON_BOY

yeh 206 at the fly wheel which is about 130atw like scott said

im talking 230kw atw .

i can ship it over!

so whats the best way of unlocking the restricted power and still keeping full reliabilty out of these babies?

what can the driveline and engine components handle?

like i said earlier im just gonna do some basic stuff but maybe in a year or so i will look into playing with the ecu, fuel cut defender, raise the boost, upgrade the intercooler etc etc.

have you got a build thread on your car ? couldnt find one tho.........

so whats the best way of unlocking the restricted power and still keeping full reliabilty out of these babies?

like i said earlier im just gonna do some basic stuff but maybe in a year or so i will look into playing with the ecu, fuel cut defender, raise the boost, upgrade the intercooler etc etc.

its a big question lol.

theres things like exhaust

suction pipe

turbo(which the stocky will give way soon)

injectors

pump

n then most importantly a tune.

if al of its done right you should see over 300kw without having to open the motor and change rods etc. strong lil buggers

about 220-230AWKW's is safe for the whole driveline.....although I would still suggest going with a shift kit!

You cant play with the ecu, Emanage or Fcon V pro p1ggybacks are the only options as far as I know.

There is no fuel cut, ours has an airflow cut which the Emanage can work around.

If you raise the boost you will most probably have bits of ceramic turbo exhaust wheel in your cat, it doesnt like stock boost let alone more.

I would start with intercooler (HDI) and a good 3 inch turbo back. If you then do the 3 inch intake you will hit airflow cut requiring the Emanage. Its all down hill from there. The driveline is strong once the gearbox is built...

welcome aboard mate.. you only need to idle down your call if your own a fair bit of boost right before stopping the car..

No or very little boost your fine to turn it straight off.. wont affect the start up of the car..

id be looking at other factors for that one.

oh yeah imo best single mod to do is dump pipe.

welcome aboard mate.. you only need to idle down your call if your own a fair bit of boost right before stopping the car..

No or very little boost your fine to turn it straight off.. wont affect the start up of the car..

id be looking at other factors for that one.

oh yeah imo best single mod to do is dump pipe.

+1....get in contact with Scott....it will prolong the life of the turbo as well.

very interesting :)

what is the stock boost anyways and whats the model of the turbo???

considering the cars just hit 65,000km and the turbo gets it main service at 100-110,000km when do they start to fail considering its been looked after correctly???

being everything is in japanese its very hard to find information but i've already sussed out all the easy stuff searching through the threads here :)

its a Garret M24N specifically made for the Stagea.

stock boost varies with the model rs rx im pretty sure are 12ish where as ARX is around 14.6. im guessing yours being axis would be the same as ARX

and they can fail anytime. mine let go at 80k some people are well into 100k and still going stock turbo. its how well its maintained

Don't forget your odometer isn't always telling the truth...

Which is why it's just best to start from scratch with ALL fluids & lubricants. Change EVERYTHING; that way you know it's going to done right from now on.

You can only do your best to buy a good one, once it's home it's like any other 2nd hand car; things may go wrong, they may not.

well the service just got done but i'll check myself for some piece of mind.

i'll be lucky to even be putting 10,000km on it a year so hopefully i wont have any major drama's straight away. let me build up some savings again LOL.

just for now im looking for reliability mods and if i can afford it a more throaty exhaust.

guess ill start saving for a replacement turbo straight away so im not caught out for when it fails and off the road for a great period of time.

maybe the throttle body is dirty :ph34r:

it could've gotten a little dusty whilst i was on holiday we went down some dirt roads to access the beach :unsure:

but there is a brand new air filter in there so a couple of runs down there shouldnt have affected it that bad.

i'll have to see how it goes and check it out.

cheers guys :)