SAU Community

Hel Thermostatic Oil Cooler Kit Group Buy!

PM-R33

damn you i just had to cut down on spending and you come up with this.

Ok, questions, will they produce a relocator kit, i know i can buy elsewhere, but getting one from the same provider as the kit and lines and of equivalent quality is a big plus to me, if they'll make a kit as an option i'm sure there will be plenty of interest.

Second, once this GB ends can i still nag you for a kit like i did for the brake lines??

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok I will find out about the relocater.

Also found out about the sandwich plate. Because the sandwich plate has the built in thermosat there is no room for extra sensor locations. Makes sense as the only ones I have seen with the ports for sensors are non thermostatic.

Depends if this one goes ahead I suppose. So far the interest is a lot less than I was epecting.

I'm damn interested - but as I just spent (what I consider) a small fortune on new rims, I'm not sure I have the funds available right now to buy it. Annoying as I'd been pricing up parts for an oil cooler kit recently (earls core, greddy sandwich plate w/thermostat, braided lines, etc) - worked out around $600 - so this would be significantly cheaper... *sighs*

As in what can you put additional sensors onto? Well basically the best option would be to run a remote filter relocation kit and run extra sensors of that.

I emailed Hel regarding the remote oil filter relocation kits as to how much extra they would be. So will see what they say.

The thermostat opens up at a good temperature of 80 degrees.

:)

The fitting shouldn't be that hard. Like I said I will do a DIY for fitment into the drivers side duct.

As to the fitment of your current relocater kit, it just goes in line with the oil cooler kit. So basically any relocater kit fits (might just need two different sized fittings).

As in what can you put additional sensors onto? Well basically the best option would be to run a remote filter relocation kit and run extra sensors of that.

I emailed Hel regarding the remote oil filter relocation kits as to how much extra they would be. So will see what they say.

Yeah. See what HEL say about the relocator, keen to hear.

:)

The fitting shouldn't be that hard. Like I said I will do a DIY for fitment into the drivers side duct.

Thanks, missed the 80degrees comment watching Erics wakefield vids :) A good temp, those at 60 are just too low.

Looing forward to the DIY, and will hopefully fit the larger one as well.

I would love one but I have just bought an Earls thermostat for $200 and a relocation thingy just need the 19 row core. If anyone already has a core and just wants the rest of the kit Ill buy the core off them! Seatrab and Mocal are top brands.