SAU Community

Build Thread: Adam's Nissan Stagea C34

Run-It-Hard

whats with all the anger and crap in the stagea section in the last few days??

Good drifting pics man, can't imagine how hard it would be to handle the stag when sliding, i've had mine 4 wheel sliding a couple of times and it doesn't feel awesome.

oh and while we're "pulling dicks" with drift pics, heres mine

DSC01095.jpg

DSC01094.jpg

:nyaanyaa: :nyaanyaa: :nyaanyaa: :nyaanyaa:

I dunno, kinda putting me off the forum a little though. Ohwells.

Cheers man, it took a bit to get used to (considering my previous car was an MX5 lol) but yeah I reckon it'll be pretty sweet with a few mods under the belt (and a manual).

Rad photos btw! :cheers:

Edited by RoadsterGarage

from my blog

Friday-night-photo.jpg

Pringles, once you start you can’t stop … yeah that’s just like me. Once I start modifying my car, it’s a downward spiral for my bank account, that’s for sure!

Last Friday was the big day, Anthony picked up the car early in the morning and got to work on installing the coilovers, wheels, head unit and seats. As always he did a top notch job on everything! Soon after driving out of Dahtone Racing, I discovered that I’d need to space out the rears significantly, as they were fouling the shock … bummer!

So for a quick fix, I slipped on some 5mm spacers. Another little issue we ran into is that the standard BC springs are too long. The front is currently at it’s lowest setting which is a small hiccup, but we’ll be fixing that tomorrow by compressing the spring 3 inches. Ride height and general fitment will be sorted out this week hopefully.

img4622.jpg

Now, the DRiFT “Blade” seats … we all know they are R34 GT-R replicas, we also know they are cheap and ADR approved but many people seem to have problems finding rails for them. Well if you’re looking for a direct fit rail, you can’t really go past the Bride type – MO rails, however they will set you back quite a bit.

So what Anthony and I decided on doing was getting a universal rail, suited for a Nissan skyline R32/33 and modifying it to fit. For those that don’t know, the Stagea can use R32/33 rails, not only are they more common to find, they also sit up to 50mm lower than Stagea specific rails. Man I love how Nissan made all sorts of gear interchangable!

Anyway, the DRiFT seats feel great!, they are a great comprimise between a full fixed bucket, and a stock seat. With the skyline rails, I manage to sit roughly 100mm lower then standard! I have so much headroom now, it’s great. Best of all, they don’t bring any pain to my current fragile back … it’s win win!

Friday-side-shot.jpg

It’s nice to finally have a decent head unit too, Anth didn’t manage to get the speakers in on Friday though, so we’ll be sorting it out this week. I should have another jam packed week ahead of me. Stay tuned!

rear-quater.jpg

those seats look sweet mate. how much "modifying" did the rails take to fit?

i've seen heaps of 32GTR seats for sale, might be a cheaper option than 34gtr seats

keen as to get some decent and reasonably priced buckets into my stagea

those seats look sweet mate. how much "modifying" did the rails take to fit?

i've seen heaps of 32GTR seats for sale, might be a cheaper option than 34gtr seats

keen as to get some decent and reasonably priced buckets into my stagea

Cheers dude :)

The rails just require to cross bars welded to them, with holes drilled to suit the seats. All the mounting points were already on the rails which saves a lot of time.

car is looking awesome. has come so far in so little time!

what are the specs on the rims?

Cheers buddy

Specs w/o spacers are 18x9 + 20 and 18x10 + 21

With spacers (yet to be fitted) we are looking at 18x9 - 5 and 18x10 +6.

I think I better start slowing down on the build, I'm running out of cash fast! lol

Edited by RoadsterGarage

Quick update on getting these wheels to fit.

Front has been lowered and I added 25mm spacers.

Rear I am still having problems with, I ended up getting some camber arms and widing the camber out but it wasn't enough. So next step is to flare the rear guards and have as little camber as possible.

Going back a bit here, finally got to post it though.

taken from my blog

IMG_2105.jpg

The Nissan Stagea is my first turbo car, and the ricer in me always liked intake noise/spool … so the humble air filter was one of the first mods done to the Stagea. It wasn’t enough so I sourced a hard intake pipe from Ebay, which was suited for an R33 Skyline.

Upon inspection I noticed it’s a little different to the standard piece. Fitting it up to the C34 proved that it was different, very different! So, I made it work.

IMG_2141.jpg

The problem I was having was that the hard pipe doesn’t allow any clearance for the AFM or a filter, so seeing that I’ve blocked off my BOV, I cut part of the pipe to accommodate some clearance.

Apparently the standard intake pipe can suck close in higher power cars, so it’s good to know that won’t be happening to my car any time soon. The car actually feels a little more responsive with the hard pipe too.

If you wanted to do something similar, but were running a blow off valve, you may need to get a new piece welded further back on the pipe for the BOV to recirculate.

Edited by RoadsterGarage

taken from here.

As I’m sure most know, I’ve been trying to fit a fat set of wheels on my Stag for a while now. It’s been pretty tedious getting the 10 inch rears on the car without fouling anything, whilst the fronts needed to be spaced dramatically.

So, after trying multiple things and failing, I figured that flairing the rear guards would be the only way to maximise inner wheel clearance, by reducing camber. So I got in contact with Phil from Philbenterprises.

IMG_2120.jpg

Phil managed to pump the rears 15mm, solid effort and now I’m happy to say that I have no more rubbing issues.

If you are after someone to either roll, pump or flare you’re guards, get in contact with Phil, he does a top notch job at a great price … he is also mobile and will come to you!

IMG_2126.jpg

Spewing a little though, the guards aren’t looking this pretty now after a few cones decided to get stuck in my guards last drift session.

ewww duck bills...... ah well, if it is as you say 'a drift hack' then we can't be too previous now can we! ride height looks great tho.

how did the gaurds roll? did they dimple at all or were they pretty workable?

may have to do my rears soon.....

Edited by SMOKEYC34

A quick pic of my rigs current stance. Needs moar low!

IMG_2130.jpg

This pic craps on all of your photographer mate's blown out, hard to look at ones.

Car is also awesome!

S1 Dayz kit > all. I think it looks better than 260RS.

Edited by floody

Looks good. Doubt you can get it any lower and still handle well.

I'm sure I could :P

looks great! deffinetly coming along nicely. need a few more side shots..

an you can always go lower ;)

Cheers dude

Did you get any BOV reversion with that intake? The release port is very close to the AFM and comes in on the wrong angle, not pointing towards the turbo like it should...

Nope, just came with the pipe, silicone joiners and clamps

ewww duck bills...... ah well, if it is as you say 'a drift hack' then we can't be too previous now can we! ride height looks great tho.

how did the gaurds roll? did they dimple at all or were they pretty workable?

may have to do my rears soon.....

The way I see it, a car is ment to be driven. I'm not the kind to get all angry about a swirl mark or a little scratch ... it's bound to happen eventually.

I didn't really want to flare the guards, but it's the only way to get 10's on the car without it rubbing anything.

Guards are quite easy to roll, I ended up using my trusty mallet.

here's a cheap mod ...... tint the front windows and source some eyelids and cosmetically your about there :thumbsup:

yeah I will tint the front windows soon, and I bought eyelids before I bought the car ... but with everything happening in Japan, there has been a delay for shipping.

i prefer to call them verandas :P

Bird perch maybe?

This pic craps on all of your photographer mate's blown out, hard to look at ones.

Car is also awesome!

S1 Dayz kit > all. I think it looks better than 260RS.

Thanks mate! yeah I love the Dayz kit, it's part of the reason why I bought an S1.

I've ordered some gauges to monitor vitals, hopefully I'll have them this week :D

Edited by RoadsterGarage

Did some more skids over the weekend too

img4950o.jpg

car was amazing to drive, coilovers and decent tyres really helped the car move along. Auto was being a flamin mongrel though and I think I'll be changing it out rather soon so I can hit up the bigger tracks (like EC itself).

Had a few close calls on the night too, this was the closest lol

ikCxHw.JPG