SAU Community

Build Thread: Adam's Nissan Stagea C34

Run-It-Hard

Cheers buddy!

Yeah just waiting on them to come from Japan, I love the S2 lights!

Will do, shouldn't be too hard though.

Oh, my boat will be at all japan day if anyone wanted to see it in person :D

Took the boat down the WSID last night to see what I can get out of it in stock trim.

managed to squeeze in four runs:

Best was 16.1, which was my last run, I reckon if I had a few more runs I could of got it into the 15 second mark but I'm not too fussed. It's a good base to work off when I've modifyed the engine/box a little :)

On another note, the gauges I ordered in on monday have arrived today! gotta love EMS :D

Took the boat down the WSID last night to see what I can get out of it in stock trim.

managed to squeeze in four runs:

Best was 16.1, which was my last run, I reckon if I had a few more runs I could of got it into the 15 second mark but I'm not too fussed. It's a good base to work off when I've modifyed the engine/box a little :)

On another note, the gauges I ordered in on monday have arrived today! gotta love EMS :D

Wow, four runs? Lucky bugger, last time I went, only got two runs; there were so many cars there...

Not being critical, but would you say your times indicative of a relatively stock C34? I was under the impression they were a little quicker?

My NM35 ran a 14.9 completely stock, just a K&N filter. Granted they have a bit more torque, but with the throttle restriction, and some extra weight thrown in I would expect them to be roughly on par.

Like I said, not being critical, but at least it's a good baseline for assessing the benefit of future mods.

Wow, four runs? Lucky bugger, last time I went, only got two runs; there were so many cars there...

Not being critical, but would you say your times indicative of a relatively stock C34? I was under the impression they were a little quicker?

My NM35 ran a 14.9 completely stock, just a K&N filter. Granted they have a bit more torque, but with the throttle restriction, and some extra weight thrown in I would expect them to be roughly on par.

Like I said, not being critical, but at least it's a good baseline for assessing the benefit of future mods.

Without a doubt!

I'm not the best at drag racing :blush:

but, it's a good base for me, cause when I go back, I'll be driving it down the quater again.

Edited by RoadsterGarage

might be up for the next one....just need a shift kit so I can get into 3rd and 4th.

As you can see no problems with the 4WD stall and launch.....just the slow shift!!!

P.S. Adam...loving your build and work so farthumbsup.gif

Edited by Jetwreck

Cheers jetwreck!

I could of sworn I read a thread somewhere where someone got 15.3 with AWD and 15.7 in RWD or something I can't find it though.

But to think about it though, a 1800kg car running a mere 5spi before 4500rpm I don't think it's too bad.

Gauges are getting put in today! sweet :D

Mmmm unless that was a considerably non-stock WRX...you can launch a LOT harder than that man.

Yeah like I said, I'm not good at drag racing :wacko:

Sucks though, cause when I started to get used to everything it was time to pack up and leave, lawl I'll stick to doing skids ... much more fun :)

Yeah like I said, I'm not good at drag racing :wacko:

Sucks though, cause when I started to get used to everything it was time to pack up and leave, lawl I'll stick to doing skids ... much more fun :)

Having never drag raced in my life; did you stall up some revs before launch? If so, how high? I saw a video of an M35 launching the other day - that driver built revs to 3k and that seemed to have a pretty good result

Having never drag raced in my life; did you stall up some revs before launch? If so, how high? I saw a video of an M35 launching the other day - that driver built revs to 3k and that seemed to have a pretty good result

I managed to stall it up on the last run to about 2500rpm, which got me the 16.1. All the other times I stuffed up the staging and before I knew it, the tree lit up and it was time to go pinch.gif Oh I forgot to mention it hit limiter in all runs too pinch.gifpinch.gif

I reckon it would get into the 15's quite easily.

Actually, last run I learnt from my mistakes and shifted too early lol.

meh.

Is yours manual or auto w\ tiptronic? I find my tiptronic realllllllly wallowy - to the point where I pretty much never use it other than to sit in 5th gear on the freeway.

just plain jane auto.

It's pretty rubbish, I can't wait to put a manual in it!

I cant help but ask after reading the whole thread as to why you did not just buy a autech 260RS Stagea instead of this car you own now? Its already a manual, it has brembo brakes and an RB26DETT as from the factory.

IMG_6360.jpg

Edited by Global_Warmer

They are worth double the price then what I payed for my RS4 (which was out of my price range), and I prefer building cars rather then buying something to a similar spec ... that just takes the fun out of it.

+ I'd feel bad putting an RS260 into a tyre wall or another car or something.

:thumbsup:

Oh yeah, If that's you're stagea ... it's nice! any idea what cage you have? I've only found Satio to make cages for the C34.

Edited by RoadsterGarage